PDA

View Full Version : EK Profit Share

AcarsII
12th May 2011, 22:13
EK - profit 1.6bn USD - pilots will get 12 weeks basic pay plus a 3% increment and a 5% pay rise.

Frogman1484
13th May 2011, 03:03
That's why we only have 17 new joiners with 0 flight time!

Saltaire
13th May 2011, 03:50
It was starting from a low base from years ago, and now is finally catching up but still lower than B scale....

Air Profit
13th May 2011, 04:37
...not with 12 weeks profit share it isn't....:ugh:

fourgolds
13th May 2011, 06:34
With no basings and 900 + hours a year ( remember the time in the bunk does not count) so EK drivers can, and do ,over 900 hrs in 12 months .
A big profit brought about by unsustainable producivity. I would rather work less , have proper flight time limitations , be less fatigued .
Sure 12 weeks , but at what ongoing cost to our health.

" We spend our health to gain wealth , only to spend our wealth to gain back health "

The industry needs to understand the meaning of the word sustainable.

N1 Vibes
13th May 2011, 08:55
fourgolds,

to quote:

only to spend our wealth to gain back health

I'm afraid you can't buy health, not even the richest A-scaler can cheat wrinkles and a beer gut!

Best of Health!

N1 Vibes

The Messiah
13th May 2011, 09:11
I'm afraid you can't buy health, not even the richest A-scaler can cheat wrinkles and a beer gut!
Of course you can, face lift and some exercise ought to do it:ok:

fourgolds
13th May 2011, 11:17
My point exactly , and the cost of medical treatment these days could make all ones efforts seem futile. What you dont see are the figures coming out of EK clinic and the increased illness ( and I am not talking about the sniffles here) the big C and other serious ailments are fairly rife at the moment. No surprises there, and will continue to manifest even more profoundly in the future as the unsustainable schedules take effect. But hey who cares this year we made profit . Like the tyres on the aeroplane you will just be replaced once they are worn or broken.

hongkongfooey
13th May 2011, 13:55
Emirates try to work you to death, CX ( by way of being HK based ) try to pollute you to death........BUGGER