PDA

View Full Version : Flybe diversion 12 May

dpconlan2011
12th May 2011, 19:53
BHD arrivals board around midday today showing diversion from Aldergrove which is unusual. Any comments?

dpconlan2011
13th May 2011, 01:15
I think then, Learjet ,i could think of better things to do if I had f### all to do than reply to this post- think you need to sort out your own life first, don't you??! Capetonian: get a life.get a life,get a life, get a life, oh and...get a life. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/yeees.gif

PositiveClimbGearUp
13th May 2011, 02:15
I love this forum - everyone is always so welcoming and helpful to new members.

AaronBradford
13th May 2011, 03:55
+1 for PositiveClimbGearUp and

-1 for Capetonian

-500 for learjet50, and I think you have a serious attitude problem. This is just a harmless question.

The OP is not presumptuous, merely curious, in their question. Chill out.

JEM60
13th May 2011, 07:08
This is the Spectators Balcony. He asked a spectators question. Surely he is perfectly entitled to do that? I have just seen a C.17 climbing out of Mildenhall still with it's gear down after 10 miles from base. Am I not entitled to ask why?. I don't know why people have a problem with, what might seem to us, to be obvious questions. We all learn't this Aviation business from no knowledge at all, after all. The fact that we now consider ourselves to be 'experts' in our field is no excuse for answering questions impolitely.

dpconlan2011
13th May 2011, 12:01
Thank you very much for your kind responses everyone I was beginning to think I'd made a mistake signing up!

KBPsen
13th May 2011, 14:05
There are many reasons why "questions" posed here gets up people's noses.

One reason is the way they are worded. Looking at the original post here one have to wonder what the question is, if there is one?

Another reason are questions which are actually statements looking for confirmation and which are followed by other questions that assume the first question/statement is correct.

WillDAQ
13th May 2011, 14:06
Could the captain have legitimately disregarded it?

If he has fuel in hand to use on one last attempt before divert I can't see the company having too much of an issue with it.

ConstantFlyer
14th May 2011, 17:55
Hello dpconlan2011, and welcome to PPRuNe. Thanks for your original post - I'm still intrigued. Maybe a flybe flight to BHD had diverted earlier to BFS and was then returning to BHD once the situation (weather?) had been resolved.

Subsequent posts refer to others that appear to have been removed. I didn't see them, but from the responses I can guess what was said. I'm sorry you were learjet50'ed so early in your membership of this fascinating, informative, welcoming and entertaining community. There are many of us who have a genuine and lifelong interest in all aspects of aviation, whether as professionals or amateurs (or maybe both), and PPRuNe is a wonderful way to share our news and enthusiasm. As with any community, there are a few spoilsports, and you're not the first to get the learjet50 treatment. Ignore it and carry on posting.

RogerWadsworth
15th May 2011, 15:51
JohnR, I was on the LGW JER flight, it was three attempts. Apparently there was some warning indicators and aircraft's stress measurements had to be reviewed before further flying was permitted. I was told this by ticket sales staff so not sure if this was reliable. this resulted in some of the delay. anyone know what the warning indicators and stress measurements would have been?

flying officer kite
16th May 2011, 13:51
it was a school kiddies flight. They depart and arrive at Belfast City, but to avoid a 'computer says no' moment with the FIDS, they have to show it going to Aldergrove, even though it doesnt

dpconlan2011
16th May 2011, 23:58
Thankyou ConstantFlyer! And thanks flying officer kite for clearing this up!