PDA

View Full Version : A1 licence with mix level modules

trebor737
10th May 2011, 19:57
Hey,

I know this will sound mad, but I have passed 6 modules at b1.1 level but have had sometime away from exams because uncertainty at my current work place regarding job cuts. But want to restart, but rather than getting b1.1 I want to get my a1 licence. So is it possible to complete the rest of my modules at a1 level and then apply for my a licence with my mix of b1.1 modules and the a1 licence modules?

I know I could just do the b1.1 and still get my a1 licence but I am wanting to do them in a few months and don't have too much free time to spent time revising to a high level rather than the low levels required for the a1.

Cheers

BAe146s make me cry
11th May 2011, 09:55
Hello Trebor

It is acceptable for you to complete the remaining modules at Cat A1 level for A1 issuance AND retain the modules you have acheived at 'B' level, The UKCAA accept this. The modules are 'ring fenced' at that level until the next licensing action ie: B1 issuance.

I have known of one chap that passed all but one of his modules with Kingston a few years back. He repeatedly failed mod 1 but all others passed. He wasn't told about the above scenario so watched all of his modules expire.

Odd thing to happen that, what with the likes of Barnes, Tooley & Dingle creating study books covering Part 66 AML syllabi, the regs and actual issuance. Which facility did/do they teach at? Why would they not share that with one of their students?? Did those instructors even know??!!

Anyway, old news now - don't hang about & at least get the A1 sorted!

Good luck

BAe

ironchefflay
11th May 2011, 19:50
this is really down to you and what you might get from your employer for an A licence.

Personally i would say the difference in level between the two, isnt that big in the main. its only certain bits that are. Having already done 6 modules at B1, i would personally say, if you are doing the study for A you may as well put a bit extra in for the B then its done and dusted, no need to do it again later. and no having to wait again to fulfill the experience requirement going from A-B. thats just my opinion. but an A licence was no use to me at my work, and i wasnt interested in that level.