PDA

View Full Version : Hot off the presses Air Hong Kong

Saturn
10th May 2011, 14:13
Air Hong Kong - PILOT CAREER CENTER (http://www.pilotcareercenter.com/Air-Carrier-PCC-Profile/493/Air+Hong+Kong)

2011/05/09: Pilot Hiring suspended - Not Recruiting.

Interesting!

:ok:

hawkerjet
11th May 2011, 02:22
Saturn, FWIW, anyone can make a post on that web site. A colleague of mine almost lost his job for a similar posting that was quickly removed. If you put something in the comments box then it will appear on that page provided it is not profanity laden.
Best to see if the word around AHK confirms this statement. That type of news will be out shortly. Just wanted you to know.
HJ

Flaps10
11th May 2011, 11:13
A very close friend interviewed at Air Hong Kong at the end of April (1st interview). Last week he received an email saying that he'd been successful but that all recruitment had been put on hold and that he would be contacted for a second interview once recruitment commences again.

So I assume it is true although why, anyone can speculate.

Nullaman
11th May 2011, 12:19
With the basings + IRD debacle in CX, and the crewing shortage at the ACC JV, it may well all be inter-related.

:}

Fly4Fun
11th May 2011, 16:55
Well, the advertisement has been removed from HKA website (at least yesterday), so it must be true.

Loopdeloop
12th May 2011, 11:29
Of course it could just be that due to further delays to the -8F, CX are unwilling to release the BCF's at the moment.

crwjerk
12th May 2011, 13:49
They obviously have enough pilots then. That's why recruiting normally stops.

MD330
10th Jun 2011, 19:20
Heard rumours the CTC is building his nest with a weak Deputy... not much of capability of C & T ..??? :ugh:

Good luck!

baron581
5th Jul 2011, 03:30
Defince CTC

MD330
6th Jul 2011, 11:29
CTC = Chief Training Captain I think. Seem to be somewhat in a mess. :suspect:

Credibility and intergrity issues... heard rumours senior training captain smoking in flight deck, inaccurate check training reports, favouratism, high handed handling of crew etc...:ugh:

Happy landings and good luck!

turnandburn
8th Jul 2011, 05:43
smoking on the main deck for sure

bila
16th Jul 2011, 06:20
intergrity issues... heard rumours senior training captain smoking in flight deck, inaccurate check training reports,

This is serious! Wonder what the HK Civil Aviation is doing about it. :rolleyes:

Air Operater Certificate issue?

Good luck.

MD330
5th Aug 2011, 06:37
CP AHK seem to be in serios trouble. News out in local Hong Kong Chinese press!:suspect: Wonder if any one can shed some light. :(

Rumours a few pilots resigned too in the manner CP and Chief Training captain's poor / high handed handling! :ugh:

Good luck and happy landings!

Capt Vertigo
7th Aug 2011, 05:34
CP AHK seem to be in serios trouble. News out in local Hong Kong Chinese press!

Someone local read and said was HKA pilot instead.:confused:

baron581
7th Aug 2011, 10:13
Are we talking management issues 744F fleet or A300F fleet. IS there any detail that can be shed on these rumors

bila
8th Aug 2011, 13:55
CP AHK seem to be in serios trouble. News out in local Hong Kong Chinese press!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/cwm13.gif Wonder if any one can shed some light. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/sowee.gif

Rumours a few pilots resigned too in the manner CP and Chief Training captain's poor / high handed handling! :ugh:

The whole AHK organization is in shambles. with substandard management? may be from HKA like NH ;)
Need a rewhamp with new leadership with grand expansion. :ok:

Is top level DHL management in the knowhow...:suspect:
On going problems with this establisment with change and resignation of several management already! :sad:

Happy landings!

cpahka
8th Aug 2011, 14:11
substandard NH only belongs in sandpit:yuk:

NotHere
8th Aug 2011, 15:10
Isn't Hitler taking over that CP position?? :suspect: Afterall it has been 1 man show since the day he is in power....:{......anyone in the know care to shed some lights?? :rolleyes:

Happy Landings!!

AAIGUY
8th Aug 2011, 15:23
CPAHKA.. you just provided yourself an :mad:

Anyone whose ever met NH and worked with him know he's nothing less than
true professional. In fact, in my 7 years in HK @ he's probably one of the most compotent managers in aviation in HK.

You want bad management?
The idiot Singaswine and third world trash polluting HKA and elsewhere is the issue.

SEA's who've bought licenses and have no actual skill, some in my memory requiring 100's of sectors of line training to a achieve a basic standard.

If you don't get on with NH, he's obviously spotted what a total feckin waste of carbon you are.

Capt Vertigo
8th Aug 2011, 18:59
Anyone whose ever met NH and worked with him know he's nothing less than true professional. In fact, in my 7 years in HK @ he's probably one of the most compotent managers in aviation in HK.

Yes, known to be a c*ck s**ker in Malysian and sandpit. Management by fear (bully).
Pushing his incompetent c**k s**kers to be Captains and Training captains who just about get pushed over the line by the 'bees dick' or failing to be TC's and then get moved on a bigger aircraft!! = 'true profesional and most competent manager' hahaha! :D

Reliable source from the grape wine: CP AHK resigned too! Serious local police issue..?? The happenings, sh**t hits the fan!

Good luck guys!

AAIGUY
9th Aug 2011, 01:38
Your poor English paints you as the type of third world pilot
That I was referring to. You've got lots to fear buddy, they've got your number.

No one I know ever feared N, I always welcomed
seeing his name on sims. More than fair.

NotHere
9th Aug 2011, 16:31
Looks like another circus managed by big time clowns.........:ugh:..........care to share more on the outgoing CP?? :cool:

Happy flying!!

MD330
10th Aug 2011, 04:58
Are we talking management issues 744F fleet or A300F fleet.

May be both fleets!

Pinoy smoking training captain making his way to management after making waves of leaving for HKA ..?? Anyone in the know how? ;)

Rumours CP may have gone insane due to pressure from his BOSS. Seem to be a management crisis again.

Good luck chaps!

bila
10th Aug 2011, 14:39
poor English

Do we have an English teacher or examiner on this forum? :8

You've got lots to fear buddy, they've got your number.

Is this a threat or a joke and does this mean the forum can't be trusted and doubts in the confidentiality of the forum participants? :=

Can the moderator check this guy out please?

Concerned!

TAC inop.
19th Aug 2011, 04:20
Hi fellas

Look, sorry to butt in here, but I have some questions.

I have an upcomming interview with AHK, and I used to fly 727s with DHL back in the day. Nonetheless, I'm not typed on the B74, or A3, but have some other Boeing types.

Sorry: the questions...

1. the pay schedule looked very low 74K capt, 42K FO. This is PA, and in USD. It mentions some productivity, but still doesn't seem to equate. Would anyone care to shed some light on this please?

2. Does anyone know if the current recruitment is for the B744?

3. How do the CX guys feel about this? I'm concerned that there may still be some element of anomosity with the DHL freighter crewing.

Thanks, guys, just trying to sort out if this is the right move. PM if it's more convenient.

Cheers

TAC

Saturn
19th Aug 2011, 05:19
Many threads on this issue. Many CX guys are against it, some do not care.

Dont' sell yourself short TAC. What happened to you guys sucks but its no different here and probably worse. The AHK op is in shambles, always has been always will be. The turnover ir staggering. The management over there are not good nor nice.

I do not think it would take long to see how bad it is. You would regret it. They make promises they never keep to try and entice you to come.

POINT- Stay away, far away!!!

AsianFever
19th Aug 2011, 06:39
Many threads on this issue. Many CX guys are against it, some do not care.

Dont' sell yourself short TAC. What happened to you guys sucks but its no different here and probably worse. The AHK op is in shambles, always has been always will be. The turnover ir staggering. The management over there are not good nor nice.

I do not think it would take long to see how bad it is. You would regret it. They make promises they never keep to try and entice you to come.

POINT- Stay away, far away!!!

No idea what he is talking about or where he got his info. From what I gather 90%+ pilots at AHK are happy.

Another PPrune bitter and twisted user.

TAC the salary you mentioned is just the basic pay the majority of AHK salary comes from Flight Pay, Incentive Pay, HDP and REI.

Been covered in other threads so won't put figures again as it brings out the d1ckheads stating that they incorrect. Source your info from elsewhere rather than pprune.