PDA

View Full Version : Passenger pounding on cockpit door subdued

Piper_Driver
9th May 2011, 23:52
A Yemeni man who was hollering and pounding on the door of a flight bound for SFO was subdued by a cabin attendant and passengers. Story here:
Suspect in flight disturbance had California ID - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110509/ap_on_re_us/us_flight_disturbance)

Tarq57
10th May 2011, 07:03
Sounds like nothing more sinister than a random act of madness. Seriously. The description leads one to believe the guy was more likely to be unhinged than yer actual boner-phydee hijacker.

shafs64
10th May 2011, 07:54
Don't worry mate Fox news will give us the story fair and ballanced!

Escape Path
10th May 2011, 14:10
Another shocked passenger, Andrew Wai, thought, "Could this be it? Are we going down?

Ahhhh...classic! :rolleyes:

"We were all looking at our lives flash before our eyes," said Wai, a fourth-year medical student who flew in to visit his sister.

Classic indeed! :rolleyes:

WhatsaLizad?
10th May 2011, 14:28
Sounds like nothing more sinister than a random act of madness. Seriously. The description leads one to believe the guy was more likely to be unhinged than yer actual boner-phydee hijacker.

Tell me something. What would be the difference between your scenario (likely of course) and that of a Yemeni with a clean record whose purpose was to perform this act for a specific purpose?

Is it possible that this nutter was put up to this act and after the dust clears and he serves his penance for his disturbance, most likely nothing with a good lawyer ("I had to go to the bathroom Imam, I mean your Honor"), and then provides a clear headed report to his masters of his 2 minutes at the cockpit door, the responses of the crew and passengers?

Look at it anyway you like, but if you are aircrew or involved with an airline, your job is also to look at it everyway possible.

FlightPathOBN
10th May 2011, 19:30
I am willing to wager that on virtually every flight,
there is someone on board capable,
fed up with all this bull****,
and more than willing to take care of these types of people....

Recently on a flight, a passenger got up and headed towards the front, even before V1....it took a second to hit the call button, trip him up, and 3 people were on him before V2....

Tarq57
10th May 2011, 22:05
@WhatsaLizad

Quite plausible. Perhaps on the face of it less likely than the act of madness scene, but certainly possible.

Hopefully there were more people prepared to tackle than there were just sitting there watching this whole group "life-flashing-before-eyes" thing.

crewmeal
11th May 2011, 05:33
Don't you just love it along with the comments at the bottom!!!

Rageit Almurisi: Family defends Yemeni man who stormed cockpit of San Francisco flight | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1385083/Rageit-Almurisi-Family-defends-Yemeni-man-stormed-cockpit-San-Francisco-flight.html)

rennaps
11th May 2011, 10:54
It is impossible to open the cabin doors in-flight.
So this possible terrorist found out...........
Wait for it................
That it is impossible to open the cabin doors in flight.

Torque Tonight
11th May 2011, 17:06
Any passenger who successfully forces his way into the flight deck will most likely be met with a fire-axe through the skull. The pathologist can decide whether he was insane or malevolent. These days, passengers pounding on cockpit doors will probably make flight crew a little bit nervous.

WhatsaLizad?
11th May 2011, 17:38
Bizarre move Mods, bizarre move.

in this day and age, one of the most highest profile issues commercial aviation is faced with is passengers misbehaving up to including attempts to down the aircraft.

And you moved this topic to this forum?

Maybe you guys could read the purpose of this forum and educate us how this topic fits here. :ugh:

Chuchinchow
11th May 2011, 23:22
Maybe you guys could read the purpose of this forum and educate us how this topic fits here.

With apologies to William Cowper:

Mods move in a mysterious way, their wonders to perform.
They plant their footsteps in the sea and ride upon the storm

You fearful saints fresh courage take, the clouds you so much dread
are big with mercy and shall break in blessings on your head

With deepest wisdom, highest love, and never failing skill,
Mods mastermind their bright designs and work their sovereign will

Their purposes will ripen fast, unfolding ever hour
The bud may have a bitter taste but sweet will be the flower

Blind unbelief is sure to err and scan His works in vain
A Mod is His own interpreter and He will make it plain

Judge not the Mod by feeble sense but trust Him for His grace
Behind a frowning providence He hides a smiling face

His purposes will ripen fast, Unfolding every hour;
The bud may have a bitter taste, But sweet will be the flower.

Blind unbelief is sure to err and scan His work in vain;
A Mod is His own interpreter, and He will make it plain.

Amen.

Manchikeri
11th May 2011, 23:39
“You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.” John 13:7

WhatsaLizad?
12th May 2011, 03:13
I don't plan on sniffing glue or smoking crack, so I doubt I will be on the same level of cognitive reasoning at the mods. :E

lurkinginSTO
12th May 2011, 06:26
I wonder how this passenger was behaving *before* he boarded. If he was also fidgety while checking in, or boarding. Once again, it's the cabin crews and the passengers who ultimately are the best line of defense against nutcases, because airport security is more worried patting down babies than looking at behaviour patterns...