PDA

View Full Version : CHC Australia Ops jobs

T. Crilly
9th May 2011, 11:13
First time on here so be kind....:E

CHC Australia recently advertised for ops officers on rotations. Can anyone out there offer any comments on CHC as an employer? Also any nasty in's and out's of the job? I'm guessing the remuneration for the long hours and time away from family would be reasonable, but does anyone know a ball park figure?

I have sent an enquiry to CHC but a real world opinion from out there would help balance the view. Thanks.

SpareParts
9th May 2011, 11:27
CHC isn't a bed of roses but it's a good company to work for. The benefits are some of the best I've ever seen. The pay is on par in Australia as the rest of the countries operators.

I don't know the details of the OPs position but I can't see it paying as well as a PIC or LAME. There are a lot of extra pay for endorsements and licensing applicable to the fleet.

CHC is a touring company so don't expect any special considerations for touring. They don't care how much time you spend away from home. Also if its 14 days on 14 days off its more like 16 days on 12 days off when you consider travel days and time. I know a lot of guys who turn off their phones and never check their email on there time off to make sure they even get there regular time off.