PDA

View Full Version : Big bird at MAN

SpottingFandango
8th May 2011, 17:17
Hi guys - first post on here so first up a big hello!

I have a day off on Tuesday (10 May) and was thinking about going up to MAN as I've been out of the country for a couple of years and not been spotting for a while.

Does anybody know if any A380's will be on display Tuesday at all? I'd love to capture one...

Thanks in advance :ok:

winglessbird13
8th May 2011, 17:32
I think the A380 is due in around 12.30pm daily (but I'd double check that) and usually takes off a couple of hour later. There's only one A380 based at Manchester at the moment (Emirates) and it runs a daily route to Dubai.

I could see it on it's final approach yesterday from Didsbury. That is one big mother!!

sticks121
8th May 2011, 22:06
Hi there,

A380 operates on flight number ek17/18 check the Manchester airport website for the arrival time , its usually around 12.25 ish. It is a very impressive sight!

Phileas Fogg
8th May 2011, 22:15
winglessbird,

Emirates do not have any aircraft based in MAN ... I think you'll find the Emirates fleet, A380's included, is based in DXB!

JSCL
8th May 2011, 23:21
Make sure you are in the right spot. I went to the general / main viewing centre at MAN and the a380 landed on the secondary runway that goes over the bridge - so you won't directly see it land - just taxi around to the main terminal.

Could have just been a one off when I was there though.