PDA

View Full Version : Cathay and Dragonair one brand will it happen?

daveyjones744
8th May 2011, 13:26
Hi all, heard a rumour recently there are meetings occuring presently. To solve the issue one name one brand. Will they do it?

MrClaus
8th May 2011, 22:45
I hope not. I quite like flying with KA and that would be a sure fire way of ruining their superior service.

daveyjones744
9th May 2011, 00:04
Ah Dan you are a simple fella

N1 Vibes
9th May 2011, 00:09
Like haven't we doing this already? In the oily rag dept we are - since the entire engineering team at KA are all CX employees.

Anybody who thinks different about any other KA department should look at the jogging path along the waterfront, it was all dug up about 3 or 4 years ago, that's when they put the strings in from CX City to KA House, since then it's just been a puppet show.....

Best Regards,

N1 Vibes

flamingdrunk
9th May 2011, 01:45
I believe anything would be an improvement on the production of "Julius Caesar" rendered daily on the 3rd floor of the Boathouse if you believe these forums!!!
:{

9th May 2011, 11:23
don't confuse brand strategy with internal structures.

elgringo
9th May 2011, 15:32
of course it will happen...

all Dragon 330 CN's will be stuck on bottom of list to fly CX's 330s. F/O's will be given fast commands on CX Birds. CX F.O's will all be Cat B'd and denied bypass pay..then will be offered commands on the 320's for say...20 years.

HaveQuick
9th May 2011, 15:50
And what happens to the route rights...?
I am sure the competition will be queueing up to bid for the sell off..??
How many would CX get back...???

Neptunus Rex
9th May 2011, 18:35
I remember the 'Dog Food' analogy of the 1960s. The dog food company had a big pipeline, into which they fed the basic ingredients for their staple dog food. Downstream of that, they introduced some other ingredients for their mid-market product. The final addition, downstream yet again, introduced some minor ingredients for their premium product.

They made a sizeable profit on the staple product, a larger percentage profit on the mid product and a huge profit on the premium product.

You will all end up working for the same pedigree company, but they will retain the brand names to pretend there is a difference and maximise profits.

daveyjones744
11th May 2011, 12:15
Well done. 100% correct