View Full Version : MEP Ground Exam

steggers
8th May 2011, 11:11
Hi there,

I am due to sit my MEP ground exam this week but don't really know what questions i will get asked. I have been studying a CD given to me by my flying school and also been reading the flight manual on the Seneca II.

Could anyone who has sat the exam recently give me a heads up???

Kind regards

BigGrecian
8th May 2011, 12:18
The exams are unique to each school so you need to ask someone at your school as asking someone at another school might yield some information which is not pertinent to your exam.

FlyingForFun
8th May 2011, 16:26
You should have had 7 hours of (mandatory) ground-school which should have prepared you for the exam.

The exam will be approximately 75% questions about multi-engine theory. There are several good theory books which you can use to study for this, my personal favourite is the Trevor Thom book, although this should really only substitute what you've learnt in the ground school.

The other 25% will be based on the specific type of aircraft which you are training on, so the best reference to study for this part of the exam is the POH.

FFF
------------

BillieBob
8th May 2011, 20:09
The exam will be approximately 75% questions about multi-engine theory.Almost right. The pass mark is 75% whereas the ratio of generic MEP to type specific questions is 60%/40%. The exam should comprise between 40 and 60 questions, depending on the complexity of the specific type used. Nothing should appear in the 60% generic questions that has not been taught in the 7 hrs theoretical knowledge training and nothing should appear in the type specific questions that is not included in the POH/AFM (see CAP601, Ch 5)