PDA

View Full Version : Let410 in S.America

mATT84DC
7th May 2011, 17:31
Hola todos.
Saben de oportunidades de trabajo con el avion LET 410 en latinoamerica con una licencia JAA Europea y 1200 horas de vuelo?
Si alguien sabe algo al respecto ?? gracias

flyingswiss
7th May 2011, 20:48
As foreign not a chance, you may be able to get hired as instructor for 6 months in Brazil, but that`s it.

Try Cabo Verde

TOFFAIR
7th May 2011, 21:11
He visto volaren Republeca Dominicana, en el Caribe hay paises que acceptan JAA y tambien los que hacen parte de la comunidad europea, que pertenecen a Francia, Holanda, Inglaterra...
En Brasil hay muchos operadores de L410, NHT,SOL,CRUISER,NOAR,SETE, pero a menos que sean vuelos para trasladarlos aca, pinso que sin la habilitacion local no sea possible emplear-te.
saludos

flyingswiss
7th May 2011, 21:22
Aerodomca flies them in the DR, but you need to be a National, other then that in the Caribbean I think only Venezuela has them flying around. An the only places you can use a JAA are the French Islands and FG, but they won`t take your license unless it comes from France, I`m not joking. The dutch Islands have their own system but they will allow you to fly 1 year on the foreign license, all the former GB ones have also their own system and British Virign Islands use FAA.

The dealer for South America is in Rio de Janeiro, they also have a Simulator, try to get in touch with them, they operate Team.

The Dominican
7th May 2011, 23:11
He visto volaren Republeca Dominicana

En Republica Dominicana hay muchos pilotos con experiencia buscando trabajo ahora mismo porque la economia mundial dejo muchos pilotos corporativos con miles de horas de vuelo sin trabajo y hace mucho tiempo que la linea aerea nacional cerro sus puertas.

mATT84DC
8th May 2011, 12:46
gracias por sus respuestas....que saben acerca de colombia? Se que hay algunos operadores con LET 410 pero no se si JAA licencia es aceptada o es necesario ser nacional. saludos

flyingswiss
8th May 2011, 13:17
Every ICAO license should be recognized as long as the country is part of it, and you should be able to convert your license, unfortunately in many places govt laws and local aviation regulations (and also language barriers) don`t allow foreigns to fly....

I would not worry too much about flying a LET410, if you really love the plane and still wanna fly it then just keep your current gig. If you wanna work in south-central-America or in the Caribbean, you experience will open doors on many other types of planes: Islander, Twin Otter, ATR,

As I said above look into Cabo Verde, I met several pilots from there that just upgraded into bigger planes.

mATT84DC
8th May 2011, 21:07
flyingswiss you re right, that s for this reason that I d like to figure out what country are more willing to hire Eu citiziens , I will have a short leave this year and I d like to visit South America and take advantage of that trip in order to look for a job..as I did last year to get my present employement here in Africa.
Otherwise , as you suggested, CV , or even Tanzania will be good place to work, I guess..
About the Let , I don t care to change aircraft, but I just belived that, having a bit of experience and rating on this type, It s gonna be easier to get a job with an operator using it!
thanks again for the info, I appreciate it
Matteo

flyingswiss
8th May 2011, 22:16
The problem is that in South America things don`t really work like in Africa, there is not really such thing as going over there and hunt for a job, you will need to be a resident before you can even get a pilot license, you can get a PPL as a tourist. Getting all the permits to legally work and live in a country it`s a long, complicated and sometimes expensive process, this is the reason why is it hard to find a sponsor, if your profile is something that is needed I`m sure they can speed up the process. An other problem is that you will probably have to figure out the validation process alone, without help you may never been able to get your license or spend months and months until you get it.

In Africa there is a culture of expat pilots in South America NO. In the Caribbean you can find several pilots from Europe and Canada, but the jobs are not many and having contacts is key.

TOFFAIR
10th May 2011, 22:07
What is your TT? Did you try eastern Europe, Check Rep / Poland / Slovakia? I think this might be a easier way to get some experience, maybe upgrade to a more popular TR, this would position you better worldwide for sure, independent of being JAA/ICAO/FAA licensed.

mATT84DC
11th May 2011, 17:34
Toffair,
I m rated on the Let410 with 850 TT and now I m flying in Congo..
I m already doing some experience and "hours building" here, but I was trying to find some info about South/Central America just because I d like to live there rather then in East EU..(even if they have the best EU girls ;) )
so I m trying to understand if I can take adventage of this rating to get a job in S.A...otherwise I ll wait here waiting for opportunity to get on a big plane will come..no problem!
anyway thanks for your advice!
Matteo

TOFFAIR
11th May 2011, 22:28
Matteo!

Ok, I think I got your our point now, and think being in your position I would also be willing to relocate from RDC to South America.
But just as you might have taken already from other posts, unless a change in law (CBA) wil be effective soon (as companies are eager to), it will be quite a hassle (not impossible though). The other thing is, should this law change become effective you would still be required to speak the local language, this is already forseen by the local agency ANAC, as if you get a look on our licenses, there you ll find your grade for English profeciency as well as Portuguese proficiency. This means it is intended for foreigners who wants to fly here a similar test as for the EPT will be taken in Portuguese...;)
I believer sooner or later this will happen, but knowing my country I d expect rather later then sooner, because company bosses are pressing the agency for a change in this regulations, but they are unable to lobby together...
Anyway, I would encourage you to contact NHT for example, as they are a company with a very high safety standards and many experienced captains (retired RG), and a nice company environement, besides Porto Alegre is a nice place to live.
cheers