View Full Version : Hiring a light aircraft in the UAE

Dio
7th May 2011, 12:59
Hi folks,

Anyone got an idea as to where you can hire a C172 or the like in the UAE? I looked at EAS in Dubai but i think they are on crack with the prices they charge!!

MrMachfivepointfive
7th May 2011, 16:48
Try UAQ Aero Club - or Jazeera Aviation up the coast. Prices are on par with Europe though.

EGGW
8th May 2011, 05:45
UAQ airfield looked closed last booze run I did. Jazeera place had light aircraft flying around.

EGGW.

Gulfstreamaviator
8th May 2011, 07:17
EGGW, I can see Jazeera from bedroom window, ops normal.Varied collection of VERY light aircraft flying all weekend, as well as some evenings.EGGW drive slighty past Al Hamra Mall, and try the stock at the Al Hamra Cellars, let me know when passing too. (closes at 9pm)......I will be in EGGW next week, any shopping needed....glf

topturn
10th May 2011, 06:49
Here's some information I hope you find useful that I got from a local instructor

1. Horizon Academy Al Ain - Expensive (approximately 1500 dirhams/hr or £250) You need to do a UAE medical, an airlaw exam, and a flight test, and tada, license converted. But they need your foreign license to be valid and current, the same with your medical. Once you have your license converted, then you can just rent an aircraft and go. Its an international airport with security. Hence you have to get an airport pass, which will take about a week at least to process.

2. Fujairah Aviation - Another flying school, slightly cheaper.... Maybe 1k or £170 an hour. Security set up is the same

3. Jazirah Aviation Ras Al Khaimah - The easiest and cheapest option, but they only have Microlights. Much cheaper, about half the price of Fujairah, 500 dirhams or £84 an hour with an instructor. No real exams to write, but again, you`ll only be getting up in microlights.... It`s a beautiful part of the country, and though your flying airspace is limited, you`ll get up in the air? You have to do a few hours to show them you can fly, and then they issue you a license directly after you been security cleared which they organise

Panama Jack
10th May 2011, 13:43
As the last couple of posters said, Jazeera Aviation Club in RAK is alive and well, with an assortment of Aeroprakt light-sport type aircraft (think modern Cessna 152's), a few weight-shift control aircraft (trikes), and paramotors. Overall a good, friendly bunch of people with nice club facilities for some grass-roots General Aviation fun.

Jazirah Aviation - Home (http://www.jac-uae.net/)