PDA

View Full Version : CAP 741

airduke
7th May 2011, 08:24
Could anyone suggest me how to write CAP 741 (Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Logbook) for EASA Part-66 license exam?

Please provide me a sample copy of writing of page-13 & 31 of CAP 741.

Thanks,
Faisal Ahmed,

:D:D:D:D

Fargoo
7th May 2011, 13:50
I use page 31 for my regular log.

https://rapidshare.com/files/461114084/PER_Book_Blank_page.doc

I just re-created the CAP 741 in MS Word for that one page.

Maybe you can do the same for the other pages if you want to use them, I still don't understand why the CAA don't post up the file without SAMPLE written all over it. Maybe that way more people would adopt their version of the log as no sane person would pay what they want for it!

Alber Ratman
7th May 2011, 15:57
The CAP 741, especially Chapter 3 has nothing to do with EASA PART 66 exams. Some PART 147 centres can sign off some aspects of the Chapter 2 basic competancies, but that is all apart from stamping up you doing a PART 147 basic or type course.. The rest is a log of your practical experience employed in a working 145 enviroment etc. The new sheets have a statement that the stamper confirms the logbook holder has done 100% of the task iaw approved documentation..:E:E:E

It doesn't help you with the exams at all!:ugh:

I also have a MS word version.. You need for the CAA to accept it, the A/C Type and engine type, the company and its approval number, the licence number of the guy signing off each job, his stamp, his position, company, his signature, The job with the relevent AMM reference, the date, the aircraft registration.. The name and signature at the bottom is for the Logbook holder to mark that the sheet is for him..:E

Do you want somebody else to write yours up too? Your company quality department should be telling you the format they want to see.:ok:

easaman
15th May 2011, 08:58
The Logbook is not an EASA regulation but without the logbook you won't get anything.
The Swiss have got the best logbook, I think.

Here is a link to the Logbook procedures, assessor info, a sample logbook and to download a logbook. (http://easa-66.eu/course/view.php?id=113)

Cheers

Beeline
24th May 2011, 11:28
Just take the content from it and produce it in your own format.

Apprentice/blokes that are applying for LWTR make the mistake of producing a whole job and not a task broken down into skill sets and procedures. Remember that they are not bothered about wether or not you can change a IDG in under 36 seconds or an engine change in an hour.

They want how you used the AMM, IPC, TSM/FIM. What hand skills have you used, Can you use torque wrenches, wirelock, use a mega or fluke.

I used the sample content and produced my own logbook, it took hours on word but hey whats a few hours to the 2000 I spent studying and gaining the experience.

easaman
25th May 2011, 12:17
You are right about making your own logbook, when it meets the standards.

It becomes difficult when you already have a licence and want to extend it like a B1.1 to a B2 or vice versa.

Therefore the Swiss-Logbook (http://easa-66.eu/course/view.php?id=113) is a great help.

You just take the tasks that are B2 and not B1.1 and that is it!
or
You just take the tasks that are B1.1 and not B2 and that is it..

Cheers
easaman

anonImous
13th Sep 2011, 12:40
hi easaman,can we use a swiss log book to apply for UK CAA EASA licence??
or only CAP741 is accepted by UK CAA?:confused:

easaman
13th Sep 2011, 16:53
The work experience logbook in the form of a logbook is not mandatory, but without a logbook you won't get the licence, as you must prove your work experience!

The UK-CAA has up to now accepted several logbooks from engineers from various countries!

I do not see a problem using the Swiss-Logbook. Why don't you ask the UK-CAA?

Cheers easaman

Jakub Hnilicka
18th Feb 2020, 20:16
Could someone tell me the difference between blank page 3.1 Maintenance Experience page and blank 3.2 Maintenance Experience page?

Does it matter ( sure does ) which one to use?
Or not really?

Ghostdancer
25th Feb 2020, 12:22
Could someone tell me the difference between blank page 3.1 Maintenance Experience page and blank 3.2 Maintenance Experience page?

Does it matter ( sure does ) which one to use?
Or not really?

Are you referring to the CAP741 log book or the Swiss version?

BluFin
26th Feb 2020, 13:35
Bit of confusion on this thread between:
Switzerland (FOCA)
Austria (Austro Control)
Finland (TRAFI)