PDA

View Full Version : M-reg vs. P4

HermanTheGerman
5th May 2011, 12:34
Hello there,
I remember there was some relating thread in the past- but I didn't find it. or maybe I have dreamed it only, who knows ;-)
The question is: what are the pros and cons of Isle of Man or Aruba registration for a private operated aircraft (medium size) based in Russia.
We are in the process if buying an aircraft and this will be the next question. People told me that, if you land with P4 somewhere in Europe, in 95% of the cases you will have a ramp check. Not that I would be concerned about that, but it is at least time-consuming. Another word I heard was "the Aruba people don't take care of anything" whatever that means. On the other hand everybody is telling me: go M-reg, easier, faster, more professional, better in every aspect.
But: I have no clue why exactly I should go M.
Anybody?

Miles Magister
5th May 2011, 13:00
Herman,

It is worth considering the Malta register. You then have an EASA registration for operating within Europe. Although I do not have the experience to give any further advice, I know someone who does. PM me if you would like a steer.
Regards

MM

Outlaw27
6th May 2011, 09:19
Herman,

Having operated on the Registry of Aruba for several years, I can say they have been extremely helpful and we've not had issue with them. I've also heard the Manx registry (Isle of Man) is very easy to deal with.

I can confirm the SAFA checks whilst on the Aruba registry, which have not been an issue and were conducted primarily by the UK CAA. Aruba mirror the Dutch CAA, and have been working to comform with the Dutch in all areas.

Regardless of registry, I would assume there will be paperwork involved in the process. So long as flight operations are conducted professionally, I wouldn't imagine anyone having a problem with either one.

Should you decide to proceed with Aruba, I would be willing to lend a hand in the process having worked with Aruba for the past five years.