PDA

View Full Version : Problems uploading files.

ah147
3rd May 2011, 13:41
I'm hoping someone may be able to help me.

Work requires me to upload .jpg pictures to the internet. However, they are not normal .jpgs. They are created in Visio and then converted to .jpg, edited in paint and then uploaded.

There never used to be a problem but recently the bar has not been moving for the upload for sometimes two/three hours, then I normally give up.

So today I tried to upload one, and it didn't work on computer1 . So I tried it on computer2 on the same network and it worked fine. So I thought something might be wrong with computer1. So I tried computer3 but this did not upload either.

The differences are:
Computers 1 & 3 are laptops, on Windows 7
Computer2 is a desktop PC on Windows XP
Computers 1&2 use firefox, Computer3 internet explorer.
All computers are on the same internet connection.

Can anyone think of anything it could be? Starting to cause lots of problems now.

Theres a beer or two for anyone local...

BOAC
3rd May 2011, 14:11
Tried an 'ordinary' ie .txt file?

izod tester
3rd May 2011, 14:21
Check the outbound rules on the Windows firewall - or other firewalls you may be running. What protocol are you using to upload? ftp?

Mike-Bracknell
3rd May 2011, 14:56
The first thing to do is to check the file sizes of the files you're trying to upload. I'd wager that the more recent files will turn out to be orders of magnitude larger than the ones you've previously been creating. Sorting that out (with the judicious usage of the save settings) will probably sort your problems out straight away.

Mine's a pint of Leffe, btw.