PDA

View Full Version : Work Experience

thomas888b
2nd May 2011, 18:48
Hi,
I am 15, and currently looking for work experience during Summer 2011. I am fascinated by the world of aviation, and was lucky enough to visit Stansted's ATC tower last year. My uncle works at Stansted, and did ask one airline if work experience was possible, however, he was unsuccessful. I would be extremely grateful if somebody would be able to tell me whether it be possible to get a work experience placement at Stansted Airport or City Airport. If the answer to this is yes, I would also be grateful if you could tell me how I would be able to get work experience at one of these places.
Thanks.

pdrumm546
1st Jun 2011, 17:51
I managed to get work experience with BA in JFK airport in NY, but that was through a very high up employee in BA. I am currently seaching for a university placement within aviation and finding it very hard. Have you had any luck?

pasir
2nd Jun 2011, 07:16
...Things were a lot different in 1946 - Having a father in Air Ministry Police at Croydon Airport - He had a word with KLM - then on leaving school aged 14 - straight into KLM Air Traffic and within a week was on the apron on reception and despatch of DC3s to/from Amsterdam handling ships papers and customs docs - no qualifications - no CRO checks etc - Tea breaks in the Airport buffet seated amongst pilots and stewardesses - Golden age - Different world.

Wish you luck

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
2nd Jun 2011, 07:43
Due to security problems things have changed a lot in ATC in the last few years. However, when I worked with a few work experience boys and girls it had all been fixed through their schools. I'm 99% sure you could not arrange work experience at a NATS unit by yourself.

Good luck and I hope you get what you want..