PDA

View Full Version : JAA FI(A) Rating

2nd May 2011, 17:47
I'm looking to get a flight instructor rating done as soon as possible. I have a full-time job and so am not able to attend a full-time course. The best I can do is a week at a time. In the UK, I also qualify to do the shortened course (for ICAO qualified instructors) and so don't have to attend 125 hours of ground school if I do the course there. That said, I'm open to doing this course in anywhere between Albania and Zimbabwe if I can get it done quickly.

Are there any instructors or insiders out there that might be able to point me in the direction of a good school (UK or otherwise) with a can-do attitude that can fit me in at short notice?

Mickey Kaye
2nd May 2011, 18:35
Try my boss

JAA Commercial Flight Training in the North of England (http://www.advancedflighttraining.co.uk/)

S-Works
2nd May 2011, 18:48
On Track Aviation at Wellesbourne. They are about to run an Fi course. Always been very flexible with me to fit training around work.

blagger
2nd May 2011, 20:09
Seconded for On Track.

However, to be honest, everyone I've ever come across needing to 'do an FI in a hurry' has always ended up either stressed and making a hash of it or scraping through at minimum standard. I'd really recommend approaching it in a bit more of a open mind, especially with UK weather and everything else that can conspire against you.

mcgoo
2nd May 2011, 21:23
Leicester Aero Club will fit the course around you!

3rd May 2011, 16:15
Thanks for the feedback guys. I've called those mentioned and I'll know by tomorrow which way I'm gonna swing on this. :ok:

Spacecruise
29th May 2011, 14:23
Any information regarding Flight Instructor jobs in UAE, or any flying club, flight School will hire low hours JAA flight instructor will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)