PDA

View Full Version : "Additional security" in Bin Laden's wake

WHBM
2nd May 2011, 16:26
As ever when there is any terrorist issue, there are mentions all over the media about additional aviation security now being required.

I hope the secrity industry doesn't see it as yet another opportunity to extend their tentacles, grab more of the overall aviation budget, add jobs, overtime, and their own status to what they have already (which is surely meant to be fully foolproof already anyway).

I trust we will not have more displays of additional nail-clippers being confiscated, to prove they are doing their job.

I read that the imminent relaxation of the ludicrous liquids ban, whose removal must have been a real disappointment to the higher levels of security bureaucracy, is an immediate candidate for reversal.

Finally lets hope that airport commercial teams do not see it as yet another opportunity to divert vehicles bringing/collecting passengers away from the terminal front, which coincidentally is free to access, into the adjacent car parks, where equally coincidentally one is required to pay rates for 10 minutes which in a nearby town centre would cover the whole day.

ulxima
2nd May 2011, 16:55
:ok:

Ciao,
Ulxima