PDA

View Full Version : St. Martin - Grand Case

GK430
2nd May 2011, 08:13
The question often crops up about being able to fly between St. Martin (or Sint Maarten) to St. Barth's. (Saint Barthelemy TFFJ)

I was lucky enough to fly with the aero club, based on the French side of the island at Grand Case about 18 months ago.

Making the journey really has the WOW factor if you have never done it before.

The aero club has a new website: www.evasioncaraibes.com .
So for those of you wanting to fly a PA-28 on this route - get in touch and enjoy!

GK430
2nd May 2011, 12:19
Just had a message back from SXM and the best way to make contact is via Christophe via his e-mail [email protected]

and his mobile number is - 06 90 56 91 04.

British mobile sim cards do not always seem to make contact very well
with the French side of the island.

flying officer kite
2nd May 2011, 19:55
i recommend taking the St Barths Commuter C208 from Grand Case to St Barts :) or if you get the chance a twin piston, they seem to use every last inch of the runway at St Barts

GK430
3rd May 2011, 07:21
The view from the Grand Caravan is great - but you don't get to fly the approach yourself!

zondaracer
4th May 2011, 09:33
if you get the chance a twin piston, they seem to use every last inch of the runway at St Barts

You mean like this???
YouTube - [REAL] Piper Aztec (PA-23) St. Barthelemy crash! (AirAmericaCaribbean.com)

flying officer kite
4th May 2011, 13:57
precisely, i have my own footage of a landing PA-23 from this exact spot, and it comes from expletives as i near got a thump from the left wheel.. Speed seems to be critical for landing here

White Knight
4th May 2011, 17:15
After 800 hours or so in Aztecs this clip always makes me laugh... Simply going way too fast for a PA-23..... And I flew off short, dirty and sh1tty runways.....

Would love to fly into this place:}:}:}