PDA

View Full Version : GMail not sending embodied pictures....

Loerie
1st May 2011, 21:16
Can anyone help,please?
For the past two weeks we have been unable to send pictures to anyone unless it is sent as an attachment or sent by Picasa.
We are using an Axxtel router (with broadcast facility disabled) hardwired to a Netgear router to broadcast to two laptops or whatever which receive the information from that router.The sytem has worked as well as can be expected onboard a Yacht.However,over the past two weeks we have been told that no pics are coming through unless as an attachment or by Picasa.I have gone into the settlings on Google and GMail and have looked up and tried some suggestions like changing from HTTPS to HTTP,but nothing works----GMail seems to be incapable of sending pics.My laptop is a Sony Viao running 7 Prof and the other is a new HP running 7 Home.We also have two smartphones which also refuse to send pics.
I am sure that GMail is at fault----but two weeks to fix it seems a bit much....any ideas,anyone?
The Sony is running AD-Aware and Essentials and the HP just Essentials.
Thanks very much from us in the BVI`s.:confused:

Capetonian
1st May 2011, 21:33
Are you sure that the problem is not at the receiving end? Have you tried emailing the same items to yourself? If you see a red 'x' in a box where the photo should be, then the problem is a setting on the receiving email client - so I'm told.

Are you sending these pictures of the gmail web interface, or using a 'client' such as Outlook, Live Mail, Thunderbird, etc?

I just forwarded an email from my Gmail account to another account, and the images were missing, so I checked and it seems to be a known problem ....

Forwarded images are not appearing
We are investigating an issue where users are having problems forwarding messages with inline images, as the images are not appearing for the recipients of the email.

Having this issue?