PDA

View Full Version : Technical Service Engineer

ashoo89
1st May 2011, 16:54
Hello,

I wanted to know how can i become a technical service engineer? what is a typical job discription. I have completed a degree in aircraft engineering..

What would shud be my next steps?

I also wanted to know a typical technical service engineer career path?

Any airline hiring?

Regards,
ashoo89

Dodo56
3rd May 2011, 11:54
Most (but not all) airlines look for TS engineers to have been involved in hands-on maintenance previously, however a degree may also be an acceptable way in. Keep an eye on aviationjobsearch and the airlines' own careers pages.

In between, brush up on your spelling.

khargonkar
6th May 2011, 07:56
If you have done degree do not ever try to become Technical Services Engineer. You will be working around around Licensed and approved technicians. The aviation (enginering ) field is for the approved and licensed person only. As the year pass by you will find that you always remain on fringe , instead try to join some manufacturing unit.

N1 Vibes
7th May 2011, 07:18
Cathay Pacific hiring on local terms.....

....I'm leaving.

Good Luck,

N1 Vibes

whosaid1
7th May 2011, 07:42
Have to totally disagree with you khargonkar, "The aviation (enginering ) field is for the approved and licensed person only" is complete rubbish.

I've worked in Technical Services for many years, and many tech services engineers have varied qualifications.

The most common TSE's will have either done an Aviation or Mech Engineering degree or will be licensed guys/gals who have spent a few years on line/base maintenance before moving to TS.

I would advise you to check airlines/MRO's that are close to you to see if there are any vacancies available.

As for the job description, you could end up in different departments depending on the struture of the Eng dept, ie Systems, Avionics, Structures, Powerplant. Again depending on the Structure you could be involved in some of the day to day issues that arise with the aircraft or more long term things like evaluation of Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, Reliability, Maintenance Schedules etc.

Typical career path could be something like tech services eng, senior tse, tse manager, engineering manager........etc.

Hope this was of some help.....

ashoo89
7th May 2011, 08:22
from what I understand its a job which requires analysis of flight performance...and using a lot of theoretical knowledge....degree holders should be preffered....because that is what we have all done all this time...Technical service engimeers can save a good amount of cash and i see a good future in it...

@N1 Vibes..
thanks for the info for cathay pacific. i will apply regardless...trying to sneak in ;)...

any more vacancies??? ryan air recently closed one :(!!!! aanyways,if you know of any more airlines/aviation companies hiring TSE, please keep it comming??

forget
7th May 2011, 09:26
In between, brush up on your spelling.

Very good advice from Dodo, which you've ignored.

Picture this. Two CVs on the desk. One from you, one from someone who takes more care. Which one goes in the bin?

You can ignore this as well. Your choice. :hmm:

ashoo89
9th May 2011, 11:10
Emirates is recruiting...but experienced staff...oh well..

Dodo56
24th May 2011, 10:23
Ashoo, whosaid1 is correct, the career path into tech services can be the degree route or via licensed engineering. It doesn't have to be flight performance analysis, in fact that would be more of an OEM thing, and a sound engineering background with the ability to learn fast and apply knowledge is what you would need.

Obviously experience counts as well and this may determine whether an airline would take someone on in a post, they may accept junior staff or be looking for someone who will fit straight in. Given there is not an infinite supply of experienced people you do have a chance, with persistence. I would encourage you to make a list of all airlines you would consider working for and every week do a trawl of their careers websites to see if any suitable vacancies have arisen. Also push your CV round some agencies.

dkkumaarr
24th May 2011, 12:59
What is the per flying hour cost of maintenance of a pc 12, including the cfa?

ashoo89
25th May 2011, 14:09
Thanks for the info Dodo56...I have been looking around and my search for work has reached the "desperation" stage due to personal reasons. I am ready to work anywhere with a pay in which I can manage my basic personal expenses. I would prefer working as a Technical Service Engineer any day but would take up anything that comes up.

Yes, I have been searching on every airlines' career page i know.. and what i usually do is add their career's page to https://www.changedetection.com/ so I am notified whenever the page changes... If anybody is looking for jobs and is tired of checking websites....this is an amazing tool. it sends u an e-mail whenever anything changes on the careers page.

I have been searching for work since November 2010 now, and after being tired of visiting websites again and again to find a suitable vacancy, I found this tool useful.

After all all those months of searching on still hopes are high, and I am up for the challenge. :)

ashoo89
25th May 2011, 14:12
Thanks for the info Dodo56...I have been looking around and my search for work has reached the "desperation" stage due to personal reasons. I am ready to work anywhere with a pay in which I can manage atleast my basic personal expenses. I would prefer working as a Technical Service Engineer any day but would take up anything that comes up.

Yes, I have been searching on every airlines' career page i know.. and what i usually do is add their career's page to https://www.changedetection.com/ so I am notified whenever the page changes... If anybody is looking for jobs and is tired of checking websites....this is an amazing tool. it sends u an e-mail whenever anything changes on the careers page.

I have been searching for work since November 2010 now, and after being tired of visiting websites again and again to find a suitable vacancy, I found this tool useful.

After all all those months of searching on, still hopes are high, and I am up for the challenge. :)...thank you all for the updates and the PM's up till now...specially to Whosaid1 :)....looking forward to some more info as well..