PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 updates

deltapapa
30th Apr 2011, 15:09
My updates for the last few days haven't configured [about 15 of them] - when I start the PC it takes about 10 mins saying configuring then says can't configure - resetting. It then starts OK.

I have read you can over come this by doing a manual install - the updates show as installed but failed - but when I go to try to uninstall them they don't show in the list of updates at all.

Do I need to system restore and download again then manually install? or is there away to configure them from where they are?

Any help appreciated.

Poltergeist
30th Apr 2011, 15:20
had the same thing, went into control panel and started the install from there. it seemed to work:ok:

deltapapa
30th Apr 2011, 17:36
Thanks for your reply but can you tell how to do it? - I can't see a way.
I guess because they are installed already but I can't find them to uninstall.

Poltergeist
30th Apr 2011, 17:45
ok, when yu go into 'windows update' ask it to look for updates. it should tell you there are four (maybe different on your system) important updates. There is a button to 'Install Now' let it run and it should then tell you it needs to shut down. let it do that. When mine restarted the updates installed straight away without that long hang

Good luck

deltapapa
30th Apr 2011, 18:12
Oh thank you so much Poltergeist..

I hadn't realised they were the same 3 updates that Windows had tried to install 5 times - hence the 15 failures

All fixed now :D

Poltergeist
30th Apr 2011, 18:15
:ok; you are most welcome

Fareastdriver
9th May 2011, 15:07
A big thank you from me too, Poltergeist. I had the same problem and I was hoping somebody else knew how to fix it and it has.