PDA

View Full Version : MS Outlook won't start

Heliport
29th Apr 2011, 16:04
I have MS Outlook on my pc but have never used it.
I now need to use it as an essential part of the process to transfer my contacts from my old mobile to my i-phone. (The i-phone uses a different type of sim card so I can't just move my old sim to the new phone.)

When I try to start Outlook I get a message telling me that a required component is missing: OMINT.DLL
And that I have to install Outlook again.

The computer came with MS Office installed. I don't have the disks to reinstall.

Advice to resolve the problem would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

BTW, I tried downloading a free trial of the latest version of Outlook. The download was successful but it wouldn't install. I can't now remember the error message but is was along similar lines re a missing component.

H.

green granite
29th Apr 2011, 16:09
may be of some use:
OL98: Error in OMINT.DLL When Starting Outlook (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/185390)

OL2000: You Receive an Error Message After You Install Outlook 2000 SR-1: Extended E-mail Security Update on Some Localized Versions of Outlook (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810695)

Saab Dastard
29th Apr 2011, 16:53
What OS and what version of Office?

SD

Spurlash2
29th Apr 2011, 23:44
1.IR transfer?
2.Bluetooth transfer?
3.Save contacts as a .csv onto computer and import into Iphone?
4.Google sync as a .csv?
5.Export your contacts to a .CSV file.
a)Log into Gmail and import the .CSV file.
b)Install and run Google Sync on your iPhone 4.
Send as a text message?
Itunes?

It's got to be one of those; and it doesn't require Outlook.

Heliport
2nd May 2011, 22:21
Thanks for the suggestions.

I thought I'd try running a full windows update first and that resolved the problem.

H.

david1300
3rd May 2011, 03:53
There is an iPhone app called iDriveLite (free version) that allows you to back up your contacts 'in the cloud'. You can then download them to your new iPhone.

When my wife swapped from iPhone 3 to iPhone 4 (different SIM card) she just sync'd her old phone, the sync'd her new phone, and all her contacts and calendars (most important for her) just transferred straight accross. I didn't even need to get involved, so it must have been easy (she has other talents that I appreciate far more than IT 'stuff')