PDA

View Full Version : ILS App rwy22 EGAC

kessler1
29th Apr 2011, 13:20
Hiya Guys,

Please could some real world pilot explain the correct procedure for an ILS approach to runway 22 at Belfast City EGAC? Is the normal procedure to fly a DME arc or to take vectors? For example, from the RINGA Intersection the chart shows a 9 mile DME arc but I've flown into EGAC quite a lot in real life and I cant seem to detect an arc being flown so was wondering if vectors are the norm. I'm wanting to fly the correct procedure on my MS Flight Sim.

Many thanks

Rory

BOAC
29th Apr 2011, 14:34
Don't have the chart to hand, but I expect you are looking at a 'procedural' ie without radar approach. With radar, vectors would be normal.

I would think for FS stuff, flying the arc would be more interesting?

Whispering Giant
29th Apr 2011, 21:06
Normal procedure flying into EGAC is to be given radar vectors, usually somtime before RINGA by city radar to about a 9 or 10 nm final.

brgds
WG

kessler1
30th Apr 2011, 07:48
Many thanks to you both for replying, and to you also Whispering Giant. I checked your profile, I love the Q400 and also the 300. I assume you've probably flown into EGAC a number of times if you've maybe flown for Flybe. In the sim, I usually fly with a program called Radar Contact, which is ATC and usually take the vectors, but I always wondered about the real procedure. Once again, many thanks.

Rory

kessler1
30th Apr 2011, 07:50
Ha ha, Wingowango! You must've been replying as I was there! Again thankyou for confirming, much appreceiated :O

mutt
30th Apr 2011, 08:23
Kessler1, why don't you try the DME ARC for the fun of it..... Radar vectors are too easy :):)

Mutt

MIKECR
30th Apr 2011, 08:27
I fly into EGAC regularly too. For me(from the north east), its vectors initially from Aldergrove Radar, usually towards Magee. Its then a quick hand over to City radar for the last few track miles to Magee. I've never had to fly the arc procedure. For 04, its usually vectors downwind right hand for the LOC/DME approach.

MIKECR
30th Apr 2011, 08:45
Indeed it is. Coming from the north east the views of Islay, Jura etc and the west coast of Scotland is beautiful.