PDA

View Full Version : Pprune server problem

Dawdler
22nd Apr 2011, 21:29
Compared to many other sites I visit, of late PPRuNe seems to have slowed right down. Several times it has timed out and failed to load. Is the site under maintenance or something, or do I have a problem?

west lakes
22nd Apr 2011, 21:37
I think it is a site problem since about 16:00Z

11Fan
22nd Apr 2011, 22:09
or do I have a problem?

You are not alone.

Saab Dastard
22nd Apr 2011, 22:33
I understand that IB are (or were) experiencing some kind of attack on their network, affecting most or all of the sites they own / host / manage.

So no, you are not alone!

SD

Capetonian
22nd Apr 2011, 22:44
I´ve been trying to access from WiFi on a train and thought that it was a local problem, although other sites seemed more or less normal.

Feline
23rd Apr 2011, 08:47
Since 411A departed this mortal coil, the whole PPRuNe community has been overloading the system to read his thread! ;)

(Absolutely no disrespect intended! It's just that it has taken me two days to read the entire thread and post! This must have been the only forum where I never saw him post - which doesn't exactly surprise me!:E)

sevenstrokeroll
28th Apr 2011, 18:55
Hi to everyone and the webmaster.

For about a week I've gotten ; PPRUNE SERVER INACCESSIBLE.

perhaps its me, perhaps something else, no access to pprune

today I got lucky enough to post this

hope someone notices

Super VC-10
28th Apr 2011, 19:00
I've had no problem during the past week accessing this site. If you are using Internet Explorer to browse with, I'd recommend Firefox 4.0 instead.

green granite
28th Apr 2011, 19:04
There appears to be an intermittent access problem this evening though.

sevenstrokeroll try clearing your browser cache and the cookies as well.

Stu666
28th Apr 2011, 19:07
No problems for me this week apart from intermittently tonight.

I'm using Chrome and it also works OK with Internet Explorer.

Loerie
28th Apr 2011, 19:19
Its been messing about for about a week now....maybe a bit more.
Started off with no access to "Search",then mis-directions,when "Search" would actually accept a query but send you off somewhere else,then an Advert instead of Search,then no access at all to anything and today for about 4 hours simply not available (official wording as per usual wording etc)...Hope it gets fixed soon.....I would think that someone`s having a go at sorting it.:bored:

captplaystation
28th Apr 2011, 19:19
Using Safari, and the last couple of days slow to respond, but did. . . eventually. Other sites OK.

Loerie
28th Apr 2011, 19:25
Hmmm......tried both Explorer and Firefox 4 and then even Opera and also tried doing the Cookie and Browser clearing thing but no better.....mind you,in the BVI anything goes.Maybe it will clear up later all by itself.That`s how we fix stuff here....just relax and all will be well in due course!Try it,it works!:hmm:

intortola
28th Apr 2011, 19:43
Hi Loerie, also in the BVI and have had no issues.

Loose rivets
28th Apr 2011, 19:52
Glad I read this. Bad for at least a week.

I tend to pop into the den every break from DIY etc., so see it several times a day. Very variable.

I'm on FF 3.6.16 and use CCleaner regularly.

chris weston
28th Apr 2011, 21:12
No problems with Chrome

CW

Saab Dastard
28th Apr 2011, 21:16
Folks, there have been multiple IP flood / DDOS attacks against IB's network over the last week, not specifically targeted at PPRuNe, but it's just as affected as all their other sites.

Different people in different parts of the world have been more or less affected, depending on what IP address ranges IB have had to block, temporarily.

On top of that there was a problem with the Search engine, now fixed.

There's not a lot we can do (apart from hoping that the attackers get tired / IB find out how to prevent or mitigate the problem), and Mods and Admins are just as affected as you, the members / guests using the forums.

SD

Loerie
28th Apr 2011, 21:20
Thanks for the note from someone else in Tortola,BVI.
We are in West End and using CCT.We have had other issues but the PPRuNe has been very poor here.The Webmaster kindly wrote to say that there had been a massive problem somewhere (US) with someone who supplies part of the "works" to this Site and that that issue was now under control.
Now pleased to see that the search section is also up and running as it should.
Just a glitch I guess.CCT have also done something to our AXESSTEL router and maybe that has helped.
Cheers all.:bored:

intortola
29th Apr 2011, 00:02
No problem Loerie, i am in the Eastern side of the island, also seem to have very good connectivity from LIME even when others are complaining about speed of internet.

Capetonian
29th Apr 2011, 17:19
I was in Canada last week and unable to access Pprune most of the time, from my own laptop on various wifi networks, and from from a friend's home. Back in UK for a few days, all seems to be working now.

Pontius Navigator
30th Apr 2011, 07:43
I have always been able to access pprune except it is very slow and often requires a double click to enter a sub-forum. Clicking reply then trying to quote the OP is also very slow. These both suggest slow server responses.

I am using IE9.

Dan Gerous
7th May 2011, 18:42
Please excuse my ignorance of computers and all the techno stuff if this point has already been made. I was still experiencing the problem of being cut off earlier today. I have now installed IE8 on my computer and all seems to be well now. I also use the computers at the library which have also recently been upgraded to IE8/9 (sorry it is all greek to me), and have had no problem connecting to Pprune there. An office that I use the computers in, is still in pre IE8 and I get the cut off problem when trying to access the site there. Like I said I'm no expert on computers, but could it be that earlier version of IE or other search engines will no longer work?

WhatsThatNoise
8th Jun 2011, 20:43
Still slow and can take several clicks to get going.