View Full Version : How to Become a "Bush pilot" ?

ss6dx
27th Apr 2011, 20:27
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I am a 24 year old English man working as an aerospace engineer in the UK, ive got a PPL with just over 120 hours of flying experience on T67's, Dr400, and the Grob Tutor
like many people on here I am seeking a career as a professional pilot...

The thrill of doing some hands on flying smaller aircraft amongst fantastic scenery in Canada has won me over! im in need of some adventure and im drawn to starting a career flying float planes in Canada rather then taking the route of working towards a Frozen ATPL and then paying R*** air to sit on a flight deck.
But the big questions of "Where to start?" "Where to do my training" and "how can i increase my chances of employment in Canada" are hard to answer, theres so much conflicting information out there and as usual all the Ca flight schools make a fine pitch at explaining how to get your CPL and then take a professional float plane/mountain flying course, and some have given me a good idea on pricing.

However every time i search for Float plane or Bush flying jobs there is very little on offer and people are asking for 500 hours on type.. etc etc, id like to have a fair amount of confidence that i would be eligible to find a flying job before i take such a big risk with my career

I am just curious if there is anybody on here who has any knowledge or advice on what i am trying to achieve or who has taken this route ? and if its actually feasible as a British citizen to save up, leave their current job, go over to Canada and train and then to start my flying career over there...

Many Thanks

KAG
28th Apr 2011, 19:43
AVCANADA • View forum - Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service (http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewforum.php?f=25&sid=7884fc07401d6007e9a5c15a4a18dba4)

Post there.