PDA

View Full Version : Gazelle SA 341 Weight and Balance

Heli-Jock
27th Apr 2011, 09:06
Hi Guys,
Would any of you have a computerised spreadsheet that calculates the weight and balance and automatically plots onto a graph,,, for a Gazzelle SA341???

I have them for Longrangers and R44 but im not clever enough to design my own using graphs to show where the C of G will be! :ugh:

Thanx in advance for any help.

HJ

27th Apr 2011, 15:36
Since the datum for the C of G on the Gazelle is in front of the nose, the C of G is always positive (nose up) and is not difficult to work out.

All the moments (in Kg/m and all positive) divided by all the masses (in Kg) gives the C of G in m aft of the datum - spreadsheet not required if you have the ODM/RFM.

hihover
27th Apr 2011, 18:03
The Crab is quite right, it is not difficult, however, I did design a very simple spreadsheet based CofG calculator (for the Alouette II) which I then put onto my Windows based mobile phone (very handy). Let me dig it out, you should be able to modify it to any small helicopter.

Tam

Squat switch
28th Apr 2011, 17:13
H-J

Stretched or standard?

Pm Me

SS:ok:

md 600 driver
3rd Sep 2015, 21:43
Hi anyone got any info on weight and bal for the stretched gazelle I can't find much in the POH
It just gives the stations for the standard

Steve

paco
4th Sep 2015, 06:20
There may be something app-wise for the ipad/android at www.gyronimosystems.com - if there isn't one, Claus will no doubt write one for you.

Otherwise I have several spreadsheets for other machines that you are welcome to adapt - PM for details.

Phil

ShyTorque
4th Sep 2015, 06:24
If you have the basic info from the RFM, "Skydemon" can do it for you.

ericferret
4th Sep 2015, 17:49
MD 600

There should be a supplement (14 ) in the flight manual and also a supplement in the maintenance manual. Basically the supplement says subtract 8 inches from the moment of everything forward of station 61. In practise the crew seats. Apart from that weight and balance is per the standard manual.

Having checked again this information is in the FAA Approved Flight Manual supplement which should be filed behind the DGAC supplement 14.

I still have a soft spot for the Gazelle, one of the nicest helicopters I ever worked on.

Rotordent
5th Sep 2015, 10:24
Take a look at iBal app for iphone ipad. Does all the work for you :):):)

md 600 driver
6th Sep 2015, 22:04
MD 600

There should be a supplement (14 ) in the flight manual and also a supplement in the maintenance manual. Basically the supplement says subtract 8 inches from the moment of everything forward of station 61. In practise the crew seats. Apart from that weight and balance is per the standard manual.

Having checked again this information is in the FAA Approved Flight Manual supplement which should be filed behind the DGAC supplement 14.

I still have a soft spot for the Gazelle, one of the nicest helicopters I ever worked on.

andy
i already looked in the supplement 14 it doesn't say anything about weigh and balance in section 1 limitations all thats said regarding w and b is when the cof g is greater than 3m vne is limited to 150kts but i will look in the maint manual

xma05
12th Nov 2023, 13:23
Does anyone have Gazelle POH?

md 600 driver
12th Nov 2023, 13:46
Which model gazelle is it for please ?

md 600 driver
16th Nov 2023, 08:01
What model gazelle do you need the POH for please