PDA

View Full Version : Current Eyesight requirements for British Military Aircrew - request from Friend

NDW
25th Apr 2011, 13:21
As stated in Title - does anyone have or know where/what the current eyesight requirements are in regards for a friend.

I have shown him the eyesight chart that I was given on here (I believe it was July 2007), but he is stating that they have changed? However; I am not sure where & when he heard this?

Any idea's on what they are?

Kind regards to all.

P.S - Please don't bite my head off, its a question from a friend - I know that I have asked this question too many times myself in the past :ok:.

Really annoyed
25th Apr 2011, 19:33
I have shown him the eyesight chart that I was given on here (I believe it was July 2007)

Try 24 Jun 2010. Tell your "Friend" its stiil the same as the last time you asked last June. If you don't believe us err sorry if your friend doesn't believe us then you would, I mean your friend would be better going to the AFCO. Oh and tell your friend to tell his friend to stop asking stupid questions on pprune.

airborne_artist
25th Apr 2011, 19:41
I have shown him the eyesight chartCould he read it? :E

Fonsini
25th Apr 2011, 22:42
Tell him not to worry, the RAF is now on a par with the New Zealand airforce in terms of size, and doesn't so much need pilots. Operational flying requirements are handled by members of the Royal Family with Wills on helicopters and Camilla on Typhoons.

ATCAdam
26th Apr 2011, 15:35
Tell him to go the AFCO and they, when he applies will give him an eyesight form to go and get completed by an optician which will be then passed on to the relevant service body e.g. med centre at Cranwell- RAF. He will then have his answer, anything before hand is just guess work.

I have heard that the RAF have changed their policy on corrective eye surgery however, someone correct me if I am wrong.

http://www.assoc-optometrists.org/uploaded_files/raf_july_07.pdf