PDA

View Full Version : Qantas must be nuts

Ultergra
25th Apr 2011, 05:49
Who else has noticed that the peanuts and cashew bags have just shrunk from a 35g bag down to now a 20g bag.

I know it's pathetic of me to mention this, but seriously, is this where they will cut cost?! What next? I've noticed that forever in a day, flight attendants are coming up to the flight deck complaining that business has been under catered, that passengers are not getting their requested meals.

Seriously Joyce, seriously, is this how you plan on running "the world's best premium airline"?

Write out a list of all you're frequent flyers, and give it to Cathay, Singapore Airlines, Emirates etc, you're going to be flying around empty hulls soon... But that's probably your plan isn't it? MAKE it an unsustainable venture, then put in Jetstar/Jitconnict and go for a full revamp, mass advertising etc etc and your final stage in destroying Qantas is complete.

Nice job on the nuts, hope you get a nice big bonus for it :ugh:

startingout
25th Apr 2011, 06:41
My loyalty now lies with Virgin instead of Roo and Star partnership. The business class service on Q has slid so far that it really is not worth the cost, you may as well fly premium on Virgin... Atleast they dont charge excess until you hit 70kg.

Sunfish
25th Apr 2011, 06:45
A Bean counter has been at work 15gms X 200 bags per aircraft = 3kg weight saving.

The there is the cost of the nuts, say 15 cents x 200 bags. = $30

Now multiply by 3000 flights (say) per year = $90,000 cost saving plus 9000 Kg extra freight at say $10.00 per kg. = $90,000.

We have just saved the airline $180,000!

Tidbinbilla
25th Apr 2011, 06:46
Who'd have thought we'd be discussing 15g of nuts on a Professional Pilots' Network? :ugh::{

NOT ME!