PDA

View Full Version : in Canada do you have to have written HATRA/ATPL to........

r22captain
19th Apr 2011, 00:30
In Canada do you have to have written HATRA/ATPL to.....

a)get a 76 endorsement?
b)act as a 76 co-pilot?

someone was asking me today and I couldn't find an answer on TC's site.

Captain Gartmort
19th Apr 2011, 00:37
Yes,at least the Hatra.

r22captain
19th Apr 2011, 00:53
in the fixed wing world you need to write the IARTA to fly anything over 12,500 lbs

why in the heli world does this apply to the 76 and not the 212?
(guy flys a 212 as co-joe with no atpl/hatra)

Captain Gartmort
19th Apr 2011, 13:30
(f) Helicopter*- Two Pilots

(i) Knowledge

An applicant for an individual aircraft type rating for a helicopter with a minimum flight crew requirement of at least two pilots shall have completed a program of ground and flight training on the helicopter type and for
(amended 2001/03/01; previous version)

Private Pilot Licence - Helicopter or Commercial Pilot Licence - Helicopter

(A) in the case of the holder of a Private Pilot Licence - Helicopter or a Commercial Pilot Licence - Helicopter, within the 24 months preceding the application for the first endorsement of a two crew rating, an applicant shall have obtained a minimum score of 70 percent (70%) on the Type Rating - Helicopter (HATRA) examination;
Airline Transport Pilot Licence - Helicopter

(B) in the case of the applicant who has obtained a minimum score of 70 percent (70%) on the Airline Transport Pilot Licence - Helicopter written examinations (HAMRA and HARON) within the 24 months preceding the application for the endorsement of the rating, the written examination requirement shall be considered to have been met; or

(C) in the case of the holder of an Airline Transport Pilot Licence - Helicopter, the written examination requirement shall be considered to have been met.

Captain Gartmort
19th Apr 2011, 13:35
For helicopters certified as single pilot VFR and two pilot IFR, you can be issued a restricted single pilot helicopter type rating but this doesn't authorise you to act as co-pilot in an operation requiring two pilots.