PDA

View Full Version : Acass virus

ericthepilot
18th Apr 2011, 16:31
It looks to me that ACASS is spreading its wings. If this is a good thing for the pilot community, I don't think so.
More and more ACASS is able to convince owner that they are cheaper and can get crews at lower rates.
In the USA and M.E., Far East they are seen more and more.

As for the pilot pay, it is subpar, the training is rarely in the contract and pay raises out of the question. Unfortunately there are too many pilots in despair not standing up to better terms and willing to fly for less then norm.

Just like the reef shark, it survives on the minimal.

Anyone recently heard of management changes to this ACASS company and see their Flight Department per diem and salary change ?

Good luck with it ....

FrankR
18th Apr 2011, 17:45
A few things to remember about ACASS. They pay you only when you fly, not during your month off. They do not usually (ever) pay for your training. They have a long history of pilots who don't bother to show up at an assignment, and on the flip side, they cancel your contract with zero notice (and zero pay).

Most every long time "go to" ACASS pilot is as angry and bitter as a pilot can get. The office staff matches that as well.

Don't be fooled by their plush offices and snappy web site!

If you need a job, and it's ACASS or working at the pub, then take ACASS. Consider it on the job training or CV enrichment.

"It is what it is" seems to fit

FR

whateverittakes
19th Apr 2011, 02:17
I knew Acass was dodgy by one of their recent ads for Glex crews. They wanted 12 months licence currency on type. The way I interrupted that was straight out of recurrent. Who is going to pay for that?!

Gulfstreamaviator
23rd Apr 2011, 09:50
The market is losing most of the "rated and current" crews, and all recruitment agencies, as well as ACASS, will have no alternative but to widen the recrutiment spectrum.

With airlines pulling back crews, who went corporate, as well as the new corporate markets, India, China, and also the Middle East, the availability of rated crew is reduced.

The problem is more with the coperators / owners who see a no training cost situation, and like it.

BUT in next three / four months, certainly in ME and Far East, there will be a demand for more highly qulaified crews, and theye will be out of check.

What to do....

Invest in your crew, with trust and training.

This is no reflection on ACASS, who have a business model, that has worked till now, but I suspect they will also change.

How do ACASS manage third part aircraft, and not pay for training, or OFF times.

Glf

Outlaw27
26th Apr 2011, 09:28
ACASS is, indeed, a "virus". In my opinion, they are "rip off" artists whose only goal is to screw the pilot.

We had an aircraft delivered and wanted to hire one of the pilots. ACASS stepped in and stated we would have to "buy out" his contract (which they claim was for 1 year) and pay recurrent training costs for the crew.

They're bottom feeders!

Gvcapt
9th Jun 2011, 01:38
I'm in talks with ACASS. Is the pilot agreement negotiable?

ericthepilot
9th Jun 2011, 08:56
Accass just represents, so ask them and they will ask the owner +15%.
Accass will listen and then find a cheaper guy to work with.

Where are you planning to work ?
FL ?

Gvcapt
9th Jun 2011, 15:39
They will not tell me where the job is. Have you worked for them, if so what was your experience with them?

wondering
9th Jun 2011, 18:10
Sadly, investing in people is a low priority these days. Companies hire type ratings and not people. And it´s not just ACASS. Just read the employment ads. Most require type and time. Unfortunately, whatever type there still seem to be rated and experienced crews out there. I wonder if people get born with type ratings??? :rolleyes:

Gvcapt
11th Jun 2011, 03:00
China incident rate on the rise? We will see sad to say.

aviatn
11th Jun 2011, 04:52
Relax guys. It happens at every cycle. Toward the peak companies can’t hire fast enough.
The opposite is true when the economy tanks.
True, many rated guys are still out there. But companies are beginning to hire again. This is the third year of the downward cycle. The old saying went 7/7.
Lets hope the upward trend will continue.
Companies such as Acass will have to change their policy and conduct.
Good luck and happy landings

treegreen15
27th Jun 2011, 16:40
I just got an email to send my documents. So if I'm rated on a LR-45, does that mean they want me to fly it, or do they move you on other A/C?

Also, by reading this post, I'm gathering this may not be a wise choice. Personally, I've never been off the North American soil so other countries is a huge desire for me. I have no family to speak of, and want to see more of the world before that happens. But then again, being a pilot doesn't make it easy to start one. haha.

Any advise would be great about pay and schedule, working throught ACASS.