PDA

View Full Version : Info requested two dead in fatal accident light aircraft 14 April in Thailand

A37575
18th Apr 2011, 11:24
I would be grateful for any more information of this accident as the Australian pilot is well known at his local aerodrome at Lethbridge in Victoria, Australia. It is understood he was flying a self designed and built two seat aircraft like a Pitts Special and was an aerobatic type. It maybe the pilot was carrying out low level aerobatics as the other pilot (Thai) was a experienced pilot with test flying qualifications. There was nothing in the Australian media about the accident.
Many thanks in advance
A37575

Light plane crashes, killing two
By THE NATION
Published on April 15, 2011

A two-seater plane crashed in Nakhon Nayok's Ongkharak district yesterday evening, leaving its two occupants dead, police said.
The pilot was identified as Kraiwut Saringpaiboon, 50, and the passenger an Australian man named Peter Frank. The wreckage was found in a rice field not far from a private airstrip.

Initial investigation found that the two occupants were on a training flight and the plane

was about to land when the engine ceased causing the plane to crash, according to Police Lt-Colonel Opas Walaiphet of the Ongkharak district police station.

Witnesses saw smoke coming out of the plane before it crashed into the rice field in Canal 15 along Rangsit-Nakhon Nayok Road and went up in flames.

AmThai
18th Apr 2011, 17:06
Pilots were Mr. Kraiwut Saringpaiboon, a Thai Airways International Captain and Mr. Peter Frank, a well known aircraft builder and restorer. I believe the aircraft was as per the attached photo. I have also attached a link from ASN with additional information. RIP both pilots. Mr. Kraiwut is the uncle of my good friend Bobby Saringpaiboon. Our prayers are with the Saringpaiboon and the Frank families.

file:///Users/paullarson/Desktop/Kraiwut%20Saringpaiboon.jpg

ASN Aircraft accident 14-APR-2011 Christen Eagle (built by Robert A. Kirby) HS-EGL (http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=121788)