PDA

View Full Version : Hugh Davin on the move!

Capn Bloggs
18th Apr 2011, 00:23
The West, 18 Apr 2011
Skywest Rocked as Chief Resigns

GEOFFREY THOMAS, AVIATION EDITOR

Skywest Airlines, WA's leading fly in, fly out operator, has been rocked by the sudden departure of managing director Hugh Davin.

Skywest chairman Jeff Chatfield told staff Mr Davin's departure on Friday was "a great loss".

Speculation is rife among Skywest pilots that Mr 3 Davin is to head up a Qantas push into the FIFO 'A market, while others suggest he was targeted by the 11 resources industry to negotiate with airlines.

Qantas recently bought Perth-based Network Aviation and announced plans to expand the fleet from two 100-seat Fokker 100 jets to 12.

Mr Davin said he had not decided on his future. Mr Davin worked with Skywest for 23 years before moving to National Jet Systems in the early
1990s, expanding its fleet from two jets to more than 18.

Skywest lured Mr Davin back in 2007 with a brief to dispose of one of its three FlOO jets because of a downturn in business. Instead, Mr Davin rejuvenated the management and quickly won FIFO business,
adding 10 aircraft in the past four years. Three more will arrive this year.

He also won a contract to operate up to 20 regional aircraft for Virgin Blue with the first four to arrive this year.

Mr Davin told staff he had achieved what he had set out to accomplish and it was time to allow others to take the business forward to its next phase.

Chief executive Mark Shelton will take over the key task of managing Skywest's airline operator's certificate.

Analysts suggest significant changes for airlines at Perth Airport lie ahead. It is understood Sydney's Regional Express is looking to buy airlines in WA and Alliance Airlines, a FIFO operator at Perth, is attracting interest from bigger airlines.
Hugh to run Q400s, F100s and 717s, anyone? :}

Nice pic of cat in paper too:

http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w334/capnbloggs/hd320.jpg

Mr. Hat
18th Apr 2011, 00:59
Bloggs you forgot the E120.

I'm sure Mr Davin will enjoy his time at Network ;)

and in other news: BHP releases Port Hedland environmental review | The Australian (http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/mining-energy/bhp-releases-port-hedland-environmental-review/story-e6frg9df-1226040799657)

It is understood Sydney's Regional Express is looking to buy airlines in WA and Alliance Airlines, a FIFO operator at Perth, is attracting interest from bigger airlines.

REX to buy Skippers and/or Alliance? Heard the Skippers rumour but nothing about Alliance. Never a dull moment on the Western front! I'm sure Perth Airport will handle it ;).

Gudija
18th Apr 2011, 03:21
Looks like lots of positive press coming up for Network......

3 Holer
18th Apr 2011, 04:09
Hugh to run Q400s, F100s and 717s, anyone?

He's too smart to have anything to do with the 717. Knowing Hugh, he will do whatever holds the biggest challenge !:ok:

The Green Goblin
18th Apr 2011, 04:14
I would have thought he will be replacing the Irishman :p

Seems to be just the man for the job!

Fingers crossed.

flyingfox
18th Apr 2011, 06:09
Wow! Geoffrey Thomas does a farewell bit for Hugh the day before he resigns and then a follow up artical next week! What's with these two colluding pals?? Spin Doctor for WAC is my guess for HD!

Icarus2001
18th Apr 2011, 08:50
Skywest Airlines, WA's leading fly in, fly out operator

By what measure are they the "leading" operator?

Hugh (buy the contract at any price) Davin will be cooling his heels for three months due "contractual obligations".

Singapore hierachy were happy to get all the work but not so happy with no margin!