PDA

View Full Version : need for flight hours on B737-300/900!!!!!!

COMPRESSOR N1
17th Apr 2011, 16:16
Hi everybody!!!.

I'm a pilot with B737 type rating, but without flight hours on type(only base training flight).
I'm looking for airlines that hire people with the only type.
Anyone knows who is recruiting now?!.....:ok:
In spain i know ALBA STAR, that is a new 737 operator, is waiting for third plane,...so may need pilots...no?!

Apologize me if i didn't write in spanish, 'cause i'm italian!!:)

Anyway, thanks a lot for cooperation and kindness for your attention!!!

Buenos dias a todos!!!!

Ciaoo!!

zondaracer
19th Apr 2011, 09:43
So let me see if I understand...

You bought a type rating with no promise of a job and now you are looking for a job with this type rating? Quite the gamble.

Best of luck. There are lots of guys with type ratings and hundreds/thousands of hours on type looking for a job, so you will be competing with them. The other option is P2F which I think is a terrible way to spend money and won't necessarily get you ahead of all those guys with time on type.

All I can say is good luck with whatever you choose.

captplaystation
28th Apr 2011, 12:32
I think if you don't write/speak in Spanish , AND you have no hours on type, you will not be top of the list to join a Spanish company ? :=

It doesn't sound like the sort of company you would want to rush to join anyhow (imagine the salary is probably quasi-non -existant) but there will be plenty of Spanish guys ahead of you in the Q.
Swiftair seem to find volunteers/victims among the locals, sure this other bunch will too.
I know a lot of Majorcan guys working in some very far away places who will jump at this opportunity to be home (no matter how cr@p it is)

despegue
10th May 2011, 09:23
Sorry, but you stand no chance at all at the moment. Not in Espana.

Why don't you apply to Air Italy and Neos? Both have been hiring low-timers before, and although arguably not the best employers around, it is a job and it is in your home country.

I wish that things were looking brighter at the moment, but don't give up. just DO NOT PAY TO FLY. That is worse than slavery and I promise that your collegues will not appreciate it.:mad:

seasexsun
10th May 2011, 12:58
despegue, I think you're right, however pay to fly sadly is the future in this industry. More and more happy p2f guys on the market, I am affraid your good ideal advices won´t be enought to transform the world. :(

MPL, p2f, eglejet, ctc, flexicrew, ryanair, Frozen atpl+mcc+B737NG TR+500 hours package, Oxford cadets, Jerez cadets, all those ****, you know?. This job is off.

Yabaduu
10th May 2011, 13:36
It is funny how not one of you has been able to answer the question. However, you were all really good at trying to discourage someone from finding a job.
:rolleyes:

wince
11th May 2011, 20:06
I still haven't heard of anyone hiring people with a type rating but no time on type.

The only way out of this one is to pay for some hours via eagle jet or pay for another rating with Ryanair.

w

fulflap
30th May 2011, 15:51
Deberias haberlo pensado antes no? ahora llegan las lamentaciones.