PDA

View Full Version : What to expect when you leave Hainan Airlines thru Agency Brookfield!!!

WellFrackMe
16th Apr 2011, 21:15
So I left my job with Hainan Airlines.
WHY- the useless Agent/Broker, the late payments, the penalty culture and the biggest - personal Chinese income tax evasion by Hainan Airlines leaving me to hold the bag. Ah yes, even though the contract says Hainan pays all taxes in China, not true, they only pay a small portion, pretending they do and all the while YOU are liable.
This is essentially their business culture in China and I can only assume all CHN airlines will treat you this way when your time comes!

So my story goes like this - I read the contract carefully and resigned as per the T&C's.
Which meant I gave back my CAAC ID, Co. ID, uniforms, manuals, etc.
So I departed on PROFESSIONAL terms from my side!
The following day (departure day) I was NOT provided a departure ticket as per the contract and had to purchase last minute myself!
Now the clocks ticks on and here is the outcome I have now experienced.

Shortly afterwards, Hainan blocked my entry thru their Server.
Adam Liu, Head of Recruitment never answered any faxes I sent.
The following was never transfered to my account;
1. Last salary, housing and transport allowance.
2. 6 month bonus.
3. Outstanding refunds and reimbursements owed me.

Please note this was the same result as with 3 other CP's who resigned.

My former Agent does not respond what so ever.
Did Hainan transfer to the Agent and they are keeping, or vice versa, you will never know.

So my advice if you are there or in the process of joining, as I am much smarter now!

NEVER return to China as a pilot.
NEVER provide the required Notice. Set up a 2nd job, win the lottery and just jump ship (typical for Qatar Airways)!
Jump-ship the day you have received the highest salary transfer, i.e. the 6 month bonus, etc.
NEVER SURRENDER your CAAC I.D, until you have received all amounts owing and are safely home. This CAAC ID issue is the only bargaining chip you have with Hainan (or other airline) and was a wasted ACE by giving back under the assumption I would receive ALL owing.
I should have actually sold my ID on E-bay and the Chinese ATPL is useless in the rest of the world!

After observing the way Brookfield and GPS have handled myself and the above mentioned 3 Pilots, just write them off when you leave as they will never be professional enough for any future dealings.

Besides there are enough Agents growing in the Aviation magic mushroom fields as I am writing to fill the poor performance gaps of the current lot.

Good luck!

break_break
17th Apr 2011, 05:00
These issues should NEVER be kept within the Far East community of pilots. The Chinese carriers are crooks by nature, dishonest and disgusting to say the least when it comes to foreigners exploitations.
In the west, you're taken advantage right from the onset. At least you know that you've been had right from the start.
In China, this bunch of crooks seemed to think that the rest of the world won't know, or don't bother with their disgraceful practice.
I feel absolutely saddened that there are just too many jobless and desperate pilots from everywhere that these exploitations look trivial to their much needed sustenance.
Effort should be kept in ensuring that the Chinese carriers will NOT get a good pool of qualified candidates. Deprive them as much as we can and hopefully, in the coming years, they will learn through parking their shiny jets.

A-3TWENTY
8th May 2011, 03:52
more info please

Talon1
12th May 2011, 05:00
Certainly an eye opener as I'm looking into contract work in that part of the world! Any other info from expat pilots in the area would be much appreciated.