PDA

View Full Version : Status of Air India's order CRJ700 NextGen's?

CRJ Next Gen
16th Apr 2011, 13:26
Back in January, Air India put out a tender for between 16-20 CRJ700 NextGen's that the airlines Alliance Air subsidary would operate to fly alongside or replace the 4 that Alliance Air currently flies.

Any update on whether a deal has been signed with Bombardier Aerospace.

If so, how many units have been ordered and wasn't the delivery supposed to begin in the 3rd quarter of 2011?

PT6A
16th Apr 2011, 15:06
I have a feeling it might not go ahead, Alliance Air does not exist officially anymore it is all Air India / NACIL (I)

Once the dust has settled from that mess then I guess they will see what aircraft to operate on what routes.

The old stomping ground of Alliance Air in the North East has just been invaded big time by Jet Airways who launched many new routes on what were Alliance Air exclusive routes.

So, we will see who will win out up there.

PT6A

PEC
16th Apr 2011, 17:14
Alliance Air does not exist officially anymore it is all Air India / NACIL (I)
Not Quite....It is still a wholly owned subsidiary of Air India Ltd.

Air India put out a tender for between 16-20 CRJ700 NextGen's that the airlines Alliance Air subsidary would operate to fly alongside or replace the 4 that Alliance Air currently flies.
They are down to 3 now!

Any update on whether a deal has been signed with Bombardier Aerospace.
There isn't a deal, since no one responded to the tender. the CRJ might soon be a thing of the past with Alliance Air.