PDA

View Full Version : air reg doubts

bayblade
15th Apr 2011, 17:34
hi,
can someone please address my following doubts:
1. when are we supposed to file a flight plan and when is it ok not to submit it?
is it mandatory before every flight?, as a description go's the concerned ATS unit should be aware of every flight, but then there are provisions for filing a flight plan in flight, how can you be in air without filing the flight pllan in first place?
2. what is the difference between general aviation and non-scheduled flights? aren't all general aviation flights non-shedule flights?
3. what is an ADS agreement? i can't understand, " when an ADS agreement is in place, the ATS unit shall be informed automatically (about changes to flight plan) via data link whenever the changes occur beyond the threshold values stipulated by the ADS event contract."
4. can someone help me with examples to differentiate between AIP supplements and NOTAM?
5. AAI publishes AIC & AIP, is this true?
6. where can i find info on the colour of the AIS circulars (aic & aip)
lots of thanks in advance.

itsbrokenagain
16th Apr 2011, 04:39
If I was you I would find the closest flying school and pay for a couple hours tuition from one of the instructors, to answer your questions here would make for a very very long post, plus you would be better sitting in front of a instructor who can show you examples and how to use things like the AIP. ADS is airlink data service, where you can transmit and receive your clearance, routings and deviations by typing a message, no listening to atc, very cool thing, even gives you the atis enroute.... your local flying instructor will most likely have no clue of this, but a airline pilot might be hanging around a flying school and can help you out.

Capt Apache
16th Apr 2011, 05:24
In india submit flight plan for all flights.Only difference being that if you are a flying club operating within about 5 miles upto 3000 feet, then you can file flight plan on phone.Also if you are operating from airfield where there is no ATS reporting office, you can submit plan to FIC on phone.

bayblade
16th Apr 2011, 08:35
@itsbrokenagain,
i'd love to do that, but can't opt for that now due to the paucity of time.
anyone else got answers??:rolleyes:

Capt Apache
16th Apr 2011, 10:17
Now if you decide that submission of flight plans is for suckers, or say you could not submit the flight plan due to unforeseen circumstances, there is a provision to submit the plan in flight. If you choose this option you must make sure that the appropriate ATS unit receives your plan at least 10 min before you reach:
1) the intended point of entry into a control area or advisory area or
2) the point of crossing an airway or advisory route.
However if the ATC unit falls in a busy area they may have prescribed limitations with regards to submission of flight plans in flight. In short they may tell you to get lost.

Capt Apache
16th Apr 2011, 10:28
Pursuant to the provision of article 37 of the Convention on International Civil Aviation (Chicago 1944), each contracting state is committed to provide Aeronautical Information Service. India being a Contracting State of ICAO, provides Aeronautical Information Service (AIS). The AIS was initially provided by Directorate General of Civil Aviation, India. Since 1995, DGCA and Airports Authority of India are providing Aeronautical Information Service in respect of entire territory of India as well as areas in which India is responsible for Air Traffic Services outside its territory

AIS is provided by AAI and DGCA through publication of Integrated Aeronautical Information Package, wherein Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP), AIP Supplement, AIP Amendment and NOTAMs are published by AAI and Aeronautical Information Circulars (AICs) are issued by DGCA.

A NOTAM is originated and issued promptly whenever the information
to be distributed is of a temporary nature and of short duration or when
operationally significant permanent changes, or temporary changes of long
duration are made at short notice, except for extensive text and/or graphics.
https://www.notams.jcs.mil/dinsQueryWeb/

where as,

Temporary changes of long duration (three months or longer) and information
of short duration which contains extensive text and/or graphics are
published as AIP Supplements.

Airports Authority of India (http://www.aai.aero/public_notices/aip_supplements.jsp)

bayblade
17th Apr 2011, 17:33
thanks for your input capt.