PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair 4 flights in One Day | Advise

Jack1985
15th Apr 2011, 16:48
Hi im travelling on Tuesday 19 April 2011 from:

Cork to Dublin (Time to Next Flight After Arrival - 3hrs 10mins)
Dublin to London Stansted (Time to Next Flight After Arrival - 2hrs 20mins)
London Stansted to Dublin (Time to Next Flight After Arrival - 2hrs 05mins)
Dublin to Cork

Im just wondering if people could give me the best information on not missing my next flight and where the best seats are for recording the landing/departure/taxi....

Also:

I have priority boarding for all flights and my flights from Dublin to London Stansted and back to Dublin are both sold out according to Ryanair.com , the Cork to Dublin and back to Cork flights have plenty of capacity left...

Capot
15th Apr 2011, 17:21
That'll be 4 flights on the most uncomfortable aircraft in the world with the rudest cabin crew in the world, albeit with one of the worlds most efficent, safe and punctual airlines, together with 7 hours and 35 minutes in 2 of the worlds most dreadful airports.

Only one question......WHY?

Auto-masochism?

PAXboy
15th Apr 2011, 17:24
seats are for recording the landing/departure/taxi....
If you are planning this sequence, it sounds like you've done it before and will know that you must get permission to use recording equipment (I suppose you mean video) on these flights, from the carrier in advance and that they have the right to change their mind.

I don't use FR often enough to advise you on your question, I hope the day goes well.

fincastle84
15th Apr 2011, 17:37
Remember to take your worry beads!

sharpclassic
15th Apr 2011, 18:30
I guess it'l like Russian Roulette!

Book 4 Ryanair flights and see if you have an incident!

I like your style!

PA28Viking
16th Apr 2011, 01:36
Take a window seat (of course) in a row near the leading edge of the wing. This way you will capture some of the engine and the wing in the picture giving some perspective.

If you get fed up with that after the first legs you can try sitting a bit futher back and catch some of the tailing edge in the frame.

When choosing which side to sit in you could consider the likely take off direction as this will determin what you see as the plane is taxing out and takes of.

With 2 hours or more between flights you should have no problems making it, but make sure you head straigt to security so that it is over and done with.
Put all metal and electronic items in the tray including your belt. Take of your shoes if they ask you to, but otherwise not.
Have your boarding card ready to show at security, at the gate AND to the flight attendant at the top of the stairs when you board.

Enjoy your trip

farci
16th Apr 2011, 11:01
I'm just wondering if people could give me the best information on not missing my next flight ...There are threads on this site or Flyer Talk (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php) about the rights of the cabin crew to forbid photos and videos seemingly at will, so contacting Ryanair in advance might be advisable.

Otherwise, Ryanair never tires of telling you about their on-time record but even they are subject to air traffic control restrictions and delays can build up later in the day. Beware that if they cancel a flight you could be in for a long wait.

Good luck - let us know how you get on!

Coquelet
16th Apr 2011, 17:39
There should be no problem doing four consecutive FR flights, I have often made it, and with less than 2 hours between flights - for example, half a dozen CRL-DUB-ORK-DUB-CRL.

Ancient Observer
16th Apr 2011, 18:55
FFS. No-one takes one of their flights if they can avoid it. 4 is like a wish to be scalped.

er, good luck, I think.

Jack1985
16th Apr 2011, 20:02
Thanks Guys for your help. Also im recording a video e.g. take off etc... for youtube, there are many videos of people doing this i dont see it a problem. I no i might be shot for saying this but i like Ryanair :O there cheap, on-time and get you from A to B....

Also is it okay to have a laptop, camera and chargers in my school bag? is it acceptable by Ryanair as the ''one'' piece they moan about in the cabin??

Only one question......WHY? Haha i love flying dude! :ok:

I guess it'l like Russian Roulette!

Book 4 Ryanair flights and see if you have an incident!

I like your style!

Yea hopefully without incident :oh: if so i'l definitly try it again!, ill be sure to let you guys know the result Tuesday evening when im back home, fingers crossed lol!

wowzz
16th Apr 2011, 21:12
I strongly suggest you take your own sandwiches!

PA28Viking
16th Apr 2011, 21:53
Also is it okay to have a laptop, camera and chargers in my school bag? is it acceptable by Ryanair as the ''one'' piece they moan about in the cabin??
Sure. As long as it all fits in that one bag when you enter the cabin and the weight is below the limit.

Only you have to take out the laptop at security.

Anansis
16th Apr 2011, 23:05
Despite their faults Ryanair are about as punctual and reliable as you can get. In fact their flights often arrive early (I suspect that this is because they advertise flights as lasting longer than they actually do in order to massage their punctuality statistics but the result is the same).

As long as you're traveling without checked baggage you should be okay. Having said that it might be a good idea to book a cheap flight from London to Dublin a day or two later in case anything goes wrong- at least then you'll be able to get back across the Irish Sea without paying an extortionate amount of money for a last minute flight.

OFSO
17th Apr 2011, 09:22
(I suspect that this is because they advertise flights as lasting longer than they actually do in order to massage their punctuality statistics but the result is the same).

In the days when I was flying on 737s once a week from FFaM to CdG, we all knew that Lufhansa trip times were ten minutes longer in the timetable than Air France times in the timetable. Hence LH was 'always' on time. Had no bearing on with whom we flew as AF offered better cabin service, putting us business class chaps into first, LH put is into cattle class but with metal cutlery and china plates.....

Oh sorry, shouldn't mention cutlery and plates on an FR thread.

PAXboy
17th Apr 2011, 12:42
Nowadays ALL carriers advertise 'departure time' as being anything from 10 mins to 45 mins (long haul) longer than they are. You often take off 'late' but amazingly arrive on time after a sector of only 45 minutes.

It's a classic case of:
1) Set target limits that will be published in the press so that people can choose the most punctual carrier.
2) Watch the Marketing departments fix the system so that they are higher up the tables.

I would never choose a carrier solely on whether it is 'punctual' as each rotation is different.

tabu
17th Apr 2011, 14:26
Best of luck with your flights - hope you have a great day out :)

I would strongly suggest in STN particularly you go straight back through security - I've noticed some very long queues there recently.

Contrary to what some posters seem to think and want everyone else to believe Ryanair crew members are not all complete tw*ts who are out to make pax lives a misery and give them the worst possible experience :ugh:

Yes, of course there are some (as you would expect by the law of averages in a company the size of Ryanair) but the majority are normal guys and girls who do their jobs well. (And yes I do work for the airline and thoroughly enjoy it! - most of the time...)

Jack1985
18th Apr 2011, 17:18
Yes, of course there are some (as you would expect by the law of averages in a company the size of Ryanair) but the majority are normal guys and girls who do their jobs well. (And yes I do work for the airline and thoroughly enjoy it! - most of the time...)

I agree with you completely, nearly everbody working at Ryanair are great people, its the companys negative image i.e. in the press etc... is why people speak the way they do about Ryanair. It will be my first time flying Ryanair, and with 4 flights in one day i will no whether or not i like them or dont this time tommorow when im back home in Cork. I look forward to a long day of travelling tommorow, and would like to thank all those who contriubted to helping me having a journey of ease tommorow. Thanks! :ok:

ExXB
19th Apr 2011, 08:48
Nowadays ALL carriers advertise 'departure time' as being anything from 10 mins to 45 mins (long haul) longer than they are. You often take off 'late' but amazingly arrive on time after a sector of only 45 minutes.

It's a classic case of:
1) Set target limits that will be published in the press so that people can choose the most punctual carrier.
2) Watch the Marketing departments fix the system so that they are higher up the tables.

I would never choose a carrier solely on whether it is 'punctual' as each rotation is different.

I certainly would. It's called being honest with your customers allowing them to plan around what is reasonably expected to happen. I don't mind being 10 minutes early, but I hate being 10 minutes late.

PAXboy
19th Apr 2011, 17:15
Call me a pessimist but I assume the flight arrive son time or late. I always allow for lateness and any subsequent appointment. As a self employed person, I do not accept any booking that is predicated on an aircraft arriving on time, or even within 12 hours for short haul and 24 for long.

It is true that I would NOT choose a carrier with a very bad time record - but I only book carriers that have reasonable or above records. Once they are 'reasonable' then other factors take over.

Jack1985
19th Apr 2011, 19:12
FLIGHT ONE | FR9842 | ORK-DUB:

Load Factor: 65%
Depart Time: 07:30 | 07:24 A
Arrive Time: 08:20 | 08:06 A

FLIGHT TWO | FR208 | DUB-STN:

Load Factor: 100%
Depart Time: 11:30 | 11:43 A
Arrive Time: 12:45 | 12:44 A

FLIGHT THREE | FR215 | STN-DUB:

Load Factor: 98%
Depart Time: 15:05 | 15:08 A
Arrive Time: 16:20 | 16:11 A

FLIGHT FOUR | FR9847 | DUB-ORK:

Load Factor: 70%
Depart Time: 18:25 | 18:24 A
Arrive Time: 19:15 | 19:08 A

REVIEW:

I was very, very suprised to see both the London Stansted flights where full, or near capacity. On a Daily regional route connecting Ireland's two largest cities i think the load factors mentioned are quite adequate. After 4 flights, all of them arrived on-time/early. I had not one problem, and for my first time flying Ryanair i completely loved it. I will certinaly be flying with them in the coming months, as for their staff they go above and beyond their call of duty, getting aircraft ready as soon as they come on to stand and gettin all pax fed etc.. while in the air, particularly the crew doing the ORK-DUB-ORK rotations this required a lot of skill.

RYANAIR.COM :ok:

wowzz
19th Apr 2011, 21:04
As a matter of interest, are your arrival/departure times based on push-back for departure and doors open on arrival? There is obviously some difference beween landing and doors opening etc.
Having said that - Well done!. Perhaps you should look at doing a Guiness Book of Records for the most Ryanair flights endured in one day!
Did you take your own sandwiches!!

Jack1985
19th Apr 2011, 22:01
Time are based on when pushback commenced. Hopefully! :D, am nope i didnt i brought €30, got earphones for my phone to keep me occupied, a sandwich and drink for €5 this morning, and then later on this evening around 5, i got a meal for €9 in Burger King. So in all i only spent around €15 euro on food & refreshments, oh and another thing, i didnt buy anything on board any Ryanair flight! :ok: