PDA

View Full Version : Polar/Atlas???

pilotgeek
15th Apr 2011, 05:14
I left Polar about 5 years ago and have not been on pprune in a couple years now. Can anyone tell me whats going on between Polar and Atlas?
Did they merge? Did the pilots ever make up? contract negotiations?

Thanks in advance!!

dieselsix
15th Apr 2011, 07:57
In a couple of months we'll be one big happy family:ooh: One crew force two airlines.

trashhauler
15th Apr 2011, 14:08
Well, one crew force anyway, hardly happy

pilotgeek
15th Apr 2011, 14:33
Well....
Atleast the company won't have quite as much leverage working the groups against one another come negotiation time.

trashhauler
15th Apr 2011, 14:38
Wanna bet?

pilotgeek
15th Apr 2011, 14:57
NO. After seeing the BS I've seen on this board for years between the two groups nothing would surprise me.

FirstStep
15th Apr 2011, 21:00
I find it difficult to understand how some people can put so much energy living in the past ( who did what to who.. ), that they can be capable of seeing what lies ahead. "People are about as happy as they make up their mind to be", Lincoln.
Personally, I'm looking forward. Good airplanes, NEW airplanes, good people( on both sides ), good managment ( I know, I'm gonna take heat on this ), growing company, profitable, nice hotels, ok food, and a new contract. Of course, only a few select actually know WHAT the contract says ( the TA'd parts ), but I'm optimistic none the less.
The negative?. Well, I'll let the majority of PPRuner's here follow up on that.
I don't have the resources, or desire to focus my life on that.

TimeOnTarget
16th Apr 2011, 00:32
Nobody knows the future, but things look very promising at Atlas/Polar. People are knocking down the door to get hired and they sure could do a lot worse.

:ok: