PDA

View Full Version : Latest on the China Written Exam

theaviator2005
15th Apr 2011, 02:08
Just wanted to send a quick update about the China Written, theres been written a lot about it but as i just finished it yesterday i just wanted to pass what i know on to those of you looking at doing the exam.

I studied like a crazyyy because of what i read here on pprune, just to findout that the exam is much much easier then you should think. Pretty much the same as the FAA WRITTEN 121 APTL with the addition of a few A320 questions and chinese reg's questions.

I studied for about 2 weeks before the exam INTENSE, 8 hours a day went through the whole GLEIM online ATPL 121 Exam and then got my hands on the Chinese Blue ATPL question book. and then i studied a bunch of questions given by some airline here in china... WAIST OF TIME!!!!

All you need to do is get you hands on the BLUE chinese question book the reason why this is better then the GLEIM is that they do have the A320 Questions and GLEIM do not, rest is the same in Gleim and the chinabook.

I have about 60% basic knowlede questions, questions you should know without having to study at all and heres a few that i remember:

Color of Inner Marker?
What happens to aircraft figure 4 (windgust situation) Easy question
Who is responsible for the aircraft? Pic
Time over distance with headwind/tailwind calculations (easy)
Radiation Fog questions 2 of them (how does it develop? and where?)
Adiabatic Cooling questions
What does leading edge flaps do?
1 Metar question
And so on.....
Then a bunch of performance questions!!!! They were harder but not bad.

I would think there was about 15% weather question
about 10% Principle of flight questions
20% general mixed questions
15% Chinese type questions but translated allright not as bad translations as many say.
And the rest was Performance questions all based on the B737 with 2 questions on the A320.

I only studied the B737 performance, and the online Gleim got a great explanations for each performance chart if you do not know the 737. The A320 was pure guess, i could have waisted time on those but with only 2 i was screw it ill guess.

We had 2.5hrs for the 100 questions and i left after 1hour and 15 min so about half the time and with a score of 85%. I am not any good at theory or studien and i hate this **** so i am just saying it to tell u guys that if i could pass these test everyone can!!!! I would suggest again to get the Chinese ATPL book, if you cant do that then just get the Gleim, the Gleim is great for the 737 performance anyways. Then get a hold of the CAAC REgulations, i got a copy if anyone needs it, learn the dutytime limitations and so on... all the normal basic stuff...

Oh and make sure you know all the numbers in Meters and not feet, only few questions in feet....

Take care and good luck

ac100
30th Apr 2011, 07:35
TheAviator,

Please check your PM. Thanks

Cheers,AC100