PDA

View Full Version : Flightplaning for Alaska to Beijing for a Lear

theaviator2005
15th Apr 2011, 01:34
HI.

Just wanted to get a few inputs and pick of ya'lls knowledge ;-)

I am looking at taking a Lear 60Xr across from Wichita to Beijing, and my dispatcher so far planned the flight as follow:

1st. Day: Wichita to KBLI(Seattle) KBLI to NOME (Alaska)
2nd. Day: NOME (Alaska) to (Petropavlovsk - Kamchatsky) then to ZYHB (Harbin) then to Beijing.

Just wondering if anyone done the route before on a smaller Biz jet, anything to look out for? anything to worrie about?

Thanks

Tmbstory
15th Apr 2011, 07:23
The Aviator 2005:

In the past, have done the above route many times in Biz Jets, some fantastic scenery. Mind the big volcano ( about 17000 Ft ) on Kamchatsky and the 11000 Ft dormant volcano at Petropavlovsk airport. It is about 4 NM from the Airport Reference Point.

Regards

Tmb

Wobblywonker
15th Apr 2011, 07:45
how about flight planning OME-SPK-BJS, the OME-SPK leg should just be withing the max range capability to the 60xr even with payload of about 4 pax :ok:

terryb99
16th Apr 2011, 02:24
TMBSTORY:

was curious about using PKC for a fuel stop.

What currency do you need for payment, how is handling, etc.

Do you have to deal with customs and/or immigration if you are not leaving the airport? so no visa?

Thanks!

Tmbstory
16th Apr 2011, 11:50
the aviator 2005:
terryb99:

If you are using a company to obtain the overflight clearances etc, then they normally will also arrange Handling . I always paid in US dollars and found that the system worked pretty well. Our crew held multi entry Russian entry permits.

Below is a Photo of a Biz Jet at Petropavlovsk.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll161/Chalus/Scannerhats0019.jpg

Gas Bags
16th Apr 2011, 12:13
Petrapovlosk can be a problem if the ruskies decide it will be so for you. For no reason they can delay and delay and delay your clearance. That being said this is not normal just be prepared to spend some time in Anchorage waiting. There are worse places to wait for a few days. If you are there in the summer they have a fairly good golf course in Anchorage and a pretty good bar scene.

Not sure of the range of your aircraft but if you get stuck you do have an option of going through Adak in the Aleutian islands. Alaskan fly a regular 737 service out there doing mainly freight so you can get fuel there and possibly avoid Russian airspace. I think the distance is actually less than going through Petrapovlosk. No overnight stop though, get your fuel and go.

theaviator2005
16th Apr 2011, 14:17
Thanks for the Reply's im not really looking forward to do this trip just been told i need to stops in Russia as i need to fly to Tianjin.

We be flying to Nome Airport in alaska unfortunately to stay overnight as we need the added range for the leg to Russia, we really only got a 1800nm range when we need our reserve fuel... So Anchorage would have been nice they have stripclubs hahahaha But i guess Nome is the place to go ;-)

I flown a lot in Russia and know how they are so i guess hoping for the best is it!!! Thanks again

theaviator2005
18th Apr 2011, 01:32
Just a quick thing!!!!

The Route that was mentioned going through Adak and then Japan!!!

Is it just me or don't you need to leave Alaska either through Anchorage or Nome?? I thought you had to leave through a Custom's Airport!!! And ADAK is not although that would have worked pretty good...

Gas Bags
18th Apr 2011, 06:46
theaviator2005,

It is possible as you process through imigration at Anchorage. I know this to be the case as I have personnally done it. I am not sure if this facility is available out of Nome but it sure is out of Anchorage.

This is not a well used route so your broker will need to do some organising for you but it is certainly painless and easy when compared to dealing with the Russians.

Oh, one more thing....No strip clubs on Adak....get your fill in Anchorage!

dalflyer
18th Apr 2011, 18:15
How about PADK-RJAA-ZBTJ as a routing......ADK to NRT is just over 2300nm. Not sure the range of that thing. You won't have to mess around with Russian airspace or the visa issues transiting through Narita.