PDA

View Full Version : Type rating exam

nitin 3000
14th Apr 2011, 11:32
hello fellow aviators
My question is directed to people who are type rated and are then giving exam in airline. What all does your exam consist of ? How many stages are there? Do you have written exam as well or just interview and sims? If written is there then what all it consists of, no of questions, duration of exam? Is your written similar to us the cpl holders like we have technical, navigation, regs, met basically everything or just limited to some subjects.
Any kind of inputs will be appreciated.
People who recently appeared for jet airways type rating exam, and earlier for airindia, spicejet, goair, indigo- please share your experience.

nitin 3000
15th Apr 2011, 12:55
Does no one has any info regarding type rating exam

sam8808
16th Apr 2011, 03:24
I don't know much about the exams as I haven't given any. But I do know that there's a lot of info in the Jet Airways and Spicejet (maybe Indigo as well) threads. Spend some time reading through the threads here and I'm sure you'll find your answers.

sierra_november
16th Apr 2011, 05:28
maybe renaming the title of the thread to 'Airline exam for type rated pilots' will get you more replies...:ok:

nitin 3000
16th Apr 2011, 06:45
yes. I have checked those threads.but not much info about what all the written exams consists of is given there. People have just mentioned that ''these many candidates appeared and so many passed" - unlike the exam which we cpl holders give and where we all share the kind of questions and sometimes the exact questions too.

naughtyjay
16th Apr 2011, 10:21
JeT
Only Tech on B 737NG and basic Qs fo Jet Airways

Spice
Tech and Performance 737NG

Indigo
320 Tech

GoAir
320 Tech n Jeppesen

nitin 3000
16th Apr 2011, 10:34
Great. this is much more to the point. with regards to jeppesen, do u mean approach plates and enroute charts or something else

naughtyjay
16th Apr 2011, 11:47
just the plates.. nothin more...

which TR u have ???...

koolchaos3188
10th May 2011, 08:53
@naughtyjay- i have my type on A320...
and have applied in go air and IndiGo. Waiting for their reply...