PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a BoI Link?

Yozzer
13th Apr 2011, 17:12
I am interested in the outcome of the BoI regarding last years CH47 crash in theatre. I understand that the results are on the streets and on this occasion, Google is not being friendly. Does anybody have a link to such documents that are in the public domain.

Cows getting bigger
13th Apr 2011, 17:47
Ministry of Defence | About Defence | Corporate Publications | Boards of Inquiry and Service Inquiries (http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/AboutDefence/CorporatePublications/BoardsOfInquiry/)

...but no 2010 CH47

Yozzer
13th Apr 2011, 17:58
Thanks, I will monitor in the hope that it is short finals. I have a particular interest in this one with regard to external causes.

minigundiplomat
13th Apr 2011, 21:25
...but no 2010 CH47

Pretty sure it was Sep 09.

Yozzer
13th Apr 2011, 21:35
August 20/2009: A British CH-47 Chinook ( S/N ZA709) was shot down in the Sangin area of Helmand province. The crew survived.

August 30/2009: CH-47 Chinook( S/N ZA673) suffered a hard landing and was badly damaged in the Sangin area of Helmand province. The four crew and 15 soldiers from the 2 Rifles battlegroup were unharmed.

June 23/2010: A British RAF Mk3 Merlin made a heavy landing at an forward operating base in the Lashkar Gar area of Helmand province. No-one was seriously injured and the incident was determined to be a non-hostile event

August 10/2010: A British RAF CH-47D Chinook crashed in Helmand province in southern Afghanistan . "The helicopter due to technical problems crashed in Gereshk district at 04:00 a.m. local time, as a result one soldier sustained injury," spokesman for provincial administration Daud Ahmadi told Xinhua. Meanwhile, a NATO source with press department in southern region confirmed the incident, saying it was a hard landing and all four aboard were rescued safe and sound.

I think it is the 2010 CH47 incident that I have an interest in, although it may even be the Merlin. I note that none of these appear on the website and therefore may remain LIMDIS. Above details from Wikileaks so must be true.

minigundiplomat
13th Apr 2011, 21:55
Could well be, I thought you were referring to the 2009 incidents - my mistake!