PDA

View Full Version : Emirates HK roadshow.

SMOC
13th Apr 2011, 04:15
Hong Kong
27th April 2011

10am

Royal Plaza Hotel
193 Prince Edward Road West
Kowloon
Hong Kong

crwjerk
13th Apr 2011, 04:52
"Where the sand is a different shade of Brown..........!!!" :cool:

iflyplanes
13th Apr 2011, 04:56
You mean another opportunity to laugh them off the stage?

hongkongfooey
13th Apr 2011, 07:19
Oh, I dont know, some guys have made widebody command in EK in the time it takes a CX guy to graduate from sandwhich eating/bunk making to the RHS.
Then of course there is the beautiful HK air ...................... :yuk:

AnAmusedReader
13th Apr 2011, 08:28
Then there's the guy who left here as an FO for the delights of EK and is now back with AHK. Couldn't stand the brown stuff over there.

AQIS Boigu
13th Apr 2011, 09:09
If you join EK now the time to command is about 7 years...

freightdog188
13th Apr 2011, 09:44
Wasnt there a EK Airbus Senior Training Captain a few years ago who joined CX as an S/O just to get away from that mob?

LongTimeInCX
13th Apr 2011, 09:51
Sure was.
He's still with us, and he's a good guy too.
So what would that tell you about EK?

SOPS
13th Apr 2011, 10:14
Haven't they been to HK recently? What are they hoping to achieve?

Fly747
13th Apr 2011, 10:43
Not hoping, desperate I'd say.

Aussie
13th Apr 2011, 12:17
They def are not desperate guys, or they wouldnt be knocking back qualified drivers with thousands of hrs on Jets below 30T :confused:

Capt Toss Parker
13th Apr 2011, 13:37
Now that I have been booted out of training like a diseased whore, it might be my chance to shine in the desert and bring aviation nirvana to the melting pot of aviation.

Standby gents let me call the Maktums :E

cuberoute
13th Apr 2011, 13:38
I heard they took a couple of Cathay pilots recently .They are leaving because time to command was going to take too long. Emirates looking at approximately 5 years plus .
Presently it is taking about 4 years for Boeing and 5 years for Airbus pilots to get to a command.
According to Wikipedia.
Emirates have 195 aircraft on order . They have 15 A380s and 75 to come .

DDDOF
13th Apr 2011, 14:42
Someone who went to one recently told me they were going to accept P2X time 1 for 1.
So maybe some SO's who have decided 5 years to JFO isn't what they were expecting go for it??

MD330
13th Apr 2011, 15:16
Then there's the guy who left here as an FO for the delights of EK and is now back with AHK.

Then there are guys left/leaving AHK for EK, what we hear... :confused:

Are AHK COS better than EK or vice versa. :hmm:

Good luck and Happy landings wherever!

crwjerk
13th Apr 2011, 17:00
He came back for his squeeze who works for CX.

boxjockey
14th Apr 2011, 02:59
I've been here at CX for around 5 years and I'm doing quite well, thank you very much. There is no way on God's green earth I would consider making a move to EK, not even if there was a command in 12 months. I've heard from the horse's mouth, so to speak, and it is not pleasant working or living there. No thanks.

box

Beta Light
14th Apr 2011, 04:02
I am not impressed with the CX work culture ( despite what the new guy says on this weekly brief)
But until EK talk bases I'll rather spend the 27th at Disneyland. At least the kids will be entertained as well.

19weeler
14th Apr 2011, 05:57
F%$k, are we not a bunch of hypocrites!!!
Bitch, bitch, bitch about CX all over this forum..... As soon as EK bring a road show here...
CX is the rosiest place in the world!
Jesus F%$#ing Christ!!!! What a bunch of pathetic losers we are!!

PS Apologies to all the naive, religious ignoramuses out there! :confused:

bila
14th Apr 2011, 08:28
F%$k, are we not a bunch of hypocrites!!!
Bitch, bitch, bitch about CX all over this forum..... As soon as EK bring a road show here...
Jesus F%$#ing Christ!!!! What a bunch of pathetic losers we are!!

19 weeler

Absolutely well said.hammer on the nail ! :ok:

Typically human and pilot dreamers. ;)

Enjoy while you can chaps.

Happy landings!

Captain Dart
14th Apr 2011, 22:01
Jeeze Louise, the last two posters need to take some beta blockers, it's only PPRuNE! One or two posters extolling the comparitive virtues of Cathay Pacific vs. living in the sand pit with EK hardly makes the CX pilot body 'a bunch of pathetic losers'. But it's easy to go 'rah rah rah' on an anonymous internet forum. And bila, you are probably not even a Cathay Pacific pilot so wind your bloody neck in.

Idiots.

crwjerk
15th Apr 2011, 00:44
You'll probably find that anywhere other than where you are now, will be worse.....

Capt Vertigo
15th Apr 2011, 03:12

The truth hurts!! :ugh:

Safe Flying

VforVENDETTA
15th Apr 2011, 07:41
I wonder how much worse they can do than cx when it comes to attracting new pilots. One out of 60 accepted cx's offer last hiring round, and apparantly his dad owns **** loads of property in HK, etc... They've barely raised the bar this time and searching for the lowest denominator via trial & error, so maybe 5 out of sixty will accept this time?! At least EK is offering better housing terms than before, not non-existant or worse than before. CX is quickly realising that it's attraction to pilots all these years has not been prestige or pilots' dream of working for CX...(what a laugh ;)) It's been the money! Without it, they don't seem to find anyone to want to come to HK. It was only 3 years ago when they were having no show rates of almost 100% at interviews for the last few major city interviews they set up in the US even with the old housing allwance and that was a huge blow to their ego, but apparantly not a wake up call. They like to pretend it never happened. EK too is learning that it has to pay for insisting their pilots live somewhere they don't want to and that the only ones impressed with anything other than the money they pay, are themselevs. They too are searching for the lowest denominator. Unless you have a working place people enjoy working at, you have to pay a premium for people to come... especially if it's a very expensive or undesirable place to live. Neither of these two companies can claim the first condition (place people enjoy working at), so they have to pay to make up for it.

:cool:

fatbus
15th Apr 2011, 10:12
what are they saying about upgrade time? any mention of AC retirements and fleet plans for the next 7-10 years

BusyB
15th Apr 2011, 11:23
Just look at the KA MPL package and see what we are facing. Standards lower and lower.:{

kolob666
16th Apr 2011, 15:25
Hey dont kid yourself, Cathay is no longer a premier airline. Any airline that asks you to take a pay cut to come work for them is not worth your time in my opinion. Unfortunately that is the path they have chosen of late. They may get away with it but to the detriment of the standards and the overall safety of the organization is undoubtable.
Sand box or not, at least they are trying to attract the best, not the cheapest....... Come on Cathay, smarten up

hongkongfooey
17th Apr 2011, 03:59
Yes, as many pilots as they need, I see they are still not willing to put a 200hr pilot in the RHS, or the jump seat for that matter :ok:

goathead
17th Apr 2011, 04:58
Dubai on Empty | Culture | Vanity Fair (http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2011/04/dubai-201104)

Quite a Giggle :ok:

Frogman1484
19th Apr 2011, 06:14
Cx Bases? What are you talking about...what bases? You mean the frozen base system!

It will be years before we see bases being offered again.

I would consider EK as an alternative to CX. Their management is just as stuffed as ours.

At least at EK you can book your FOC and get confirmed the day you leave gets approved, not like our begging for space to go home system.

Here at Cx with the new C scale and our new high school SO's do you really think things are going to get better?:ok:

No-Wai
27th Apr 2011, 03:00
So, anyone go to the dog & pony show? Or should that be goat & camel show?

Not interested myself, but would love to know what b.s. they're spruiking to trick, er, I mean recruit, unsuspecting pilots to head to the sandy blast furnace.

Maybe the job now comes with free shares in Dubai World, or free shawarmas at your local kebab house? :E

elgringo
21st May 2011, 08:38
Dubai on Empty | Culture | Vanity Fair (http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2011/04/dubai-201104)

Love this article... would make me seriously doubt going to EK.

Bet who wrote has price on his head.

Flying Phoenix
21st May 2011, 15:53
When the money cums, so too will the pilots.