PDA

View Full Version : ACARS Japan ATIS

hongkongpilot
12th Apr 2011, 04:53
Can anyone tell me how to get ACARS Japan ATIS after airborne ? Many thanks !:D

NoseGear
12th Apr 2011, 05:06
Yep, turn off the ADIRS so the plane has no idea where you are, then you can access Japan ATIS info.....:E:D

edited to say: JOKING:eek:

cxorcist
12th Apr 2011, 06:55
There is a weather service listed in the AERAD. If memory serves correct it is @ RJFF, but I cannot remember for certain. I remember a VHF frequency being available in the general vicinity RJFK/RJFF. HF freqs are probably available as well.

The other way however is to make a landing runway assumption based on the METAR. If unnerved by doing this, use route 2 to put in the other arrival / approach option to have it ready as well.

nitpicker330
12th Apr 2011, 07:10
Keep trying especially when over the HKC area. It should work ok then.
Don't let the "DATIS not available for this airport" message put you off, it will work eventually.

WaldoPepper
12th Apr 2011, 10:56
You can get it at MOMPA using 135.8, Kagoshima Info.

Ask him for the ATIS for dest and alternate, they are more than helpful.

Cheers

Max Reheat
12th Apr 2011, 12:23
The Japan AEIS frequencies are now listed in the green Asia supplement of the AERAD guide, in MET section/Japan. There are two listed for Naha AEIS, one for the north of the FIR and one for the south. Just choose the appropriate one.

Cheers

hongkongpilot
12th Apr 2011, 12:25
Yep, turn off the ADIRS so the plane has no idea where you are, then you can access Japan ATIS info.....:E:D

That answered the question if over Japan airspace.:D:ok:

What if not in Japan ?:confused:

hongkongpilot
12th Apr 2011, 12:31
Found the reference from crew news finally:

ATIS
Japanese D-ATIS is only available on the local AVICOM
VHF system and the Japanese do not allow access to
SATCOM requests. VHF-ACARS is not used in Japan due to
the prohibitive cost. However, ARINC are contracted to
interrogate the Japanese D-ATIS network and provide a
reformatted SATCOM version. If the SATCOM version is
not delivered to the aircraft, advise Line Operations by
CAR including the following details: aircraft registration,
date, flight number and UTC time. The information will
allow us to assess the data path between the aircraft and
the ground station.
:}

routetuner
12th Apr 2011, 16:56
It's 135.1 Fukuoka info. Tell him where you are wanting the ATIS for and he will give it to you. Where have you people been for the last 25 years!
Now that's experience- priceless! :D

crwjerk
12th Apr 2011, 18:22
Can anyone tell me how to get ACARS Japan ATIS after airborne ? Many thanks !:D

It's 135.1 Fukuoka info. Tell him where you are wanting the ATIS for and he will give it to you. Where have you people been for the last 25 years!
Now that's experience- priceless! :D

RTFQ.........!! hehe

cyrex
14th Apr 2011, 23:23
it will work if you are in a 772 and some earlier 773..forgot which ones, it was in a missive about a year ago i think. Not that big a deal if you can't get it though.. ATC will eventually tell you all that you need.:ok:

Captain Dart
15th Apr 2011, 00:58
Isn't it funny that after all the lip service about safety from the CEO, NTC's about typhoon procedures and record profits, management is too tight to pay for Japanese ACARS ATIS.

Weather in Japan can be quite 'sporty', particularly in summer, and on a multi-sector day in a two-crew aircraft with traffic everywhere, taking the other pilot out of the loop to shout at Fukuoka Information belongs to the 1980's...not to mention not being able to start the ever-increasing-in-length arrival briefing, :suspect:, with up-to-date surface conditions.

60west
15th Apr 2011, 04:45
change the Acars Mode to SATCOM.
Select Satcom on the Manager/Comm page or on the center radio change the active freq from DATA to a voice freq, that will switch Acars from Auto to Satcom mode.

All this on T7