PDA

View Full Version : CX salaries and taxes

Blueskiesforevermann
10th Apr 2011, 22:36

Steve the Pirate
10th Apr 2011, 22:49
This is a rumour forum. Seek professional advice. If you do want people to advise you here then get them to PM you rather than discuss it publicly.

STP

Blueskiesforevermann
11th Apr 2011, 08:33

buckaroo bonzai
11th Apr 2011, 12:06
Pardon me, but isn't the freighter only deal a thing of the past? No more frtr commands as of COS08, apart from the guys who were still on the waiting list.

Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Buckaroo

captain.weird
11th Apr 2011, 13:30
@bonzai: the freighter pilots get a special contract, named: CoS'08 Freighter.. But I don't know the inside information.

buckaroo bonzai
11th Apr 2011, 15:14
Your Weirdness,

Of course they do. They maintain freighter terms until they can obtain pax seniority. But how does someone go about "accepting a posting to Frankfurt for the freighters" at this stage of the game???

They're aren't anymore to accept. FOs are all UFOs bar a few guys in NA who remained on COS99 and are flying freighters only until their 3 years are up.

All commands are now done on the pax fleet.

Hence my question.

Buckaroo

GTC58
11th Apr 2011, 15:50
Maybe he is a HKG freighter captain. Just a guess.

BusyB
11th Apr 2011, 15:51
I too would like to know how you can get posted to FRA on freighters??:confused:

sorvad
11th Apr 2011, 16:18
Dont know what Blueskiesforever's up to to but I think it safe to say he's not Cathay...look at his other posts...If he was he would know that there aren't any freighter only positions we can apply for any more be it Captain or F/O...and he certainly wouldn't be a Hong kong based freighter Captain or any based freighter Captain already at the age of 27.....me thinks there some scheming going on

captain.weird
11th Apr 2011, 17:24
Dont know what Blueskiesforever's up to to but I think it safe to say he's not Cathay...look at his other posts...If he was he would know that there aren't any freighter only positions we can apply for any more be it Captain or F/O...and he certainly wouldn't be a Hong kong based freighter Captain or any based freighter Captain already at the age of 27.....me thinks there some scheming going on

I was already thinking, how in the world can a 27 year old FO/Captain, which works for Cathay (probably, the thread title is about CX..), which is not high listed on the seniority list (maybe if he was listed when he was born:} he could be high listed), can be offered a position with CX at FRA?

turnandburn
11th Apr 2011, 22:57
possibly and only possibly, a bcf with a yellow tail and call sign DHL

cxorcist
12th Apr 2011, 02:05
More likely a based Air China Cargo position. Long live freighter commands. :yuk:

crwjerk
12th Apr 2011, 13:27
He never said he was a Captain.

buckaroo bonzai
12th Apr 2011, 14:25
No he didn't state he was a Cpt, but he did title the thread "CX salaries and taxes". Since there are no FO Frtr positions in FRA he would, therefore, need to be a Cpt.

But as alluded to earlier, he's just grabbing straws for info. A real CX HKG-based frtr cpt, who IF had the chance to move to FRA, would merely ask his colleagues in the bar and not on this site.

Perhaps he's a tax authority mole. :eek: