PDA

View Full Version : Offering helps for China expats!

gingy
10th Apr 2011, 10:26
Hi fellow current or prospect China expats,

After long time read of those posts regards to working in China, I realise most of the expats in China had really bad experiences. I feel deeply sorry for those people.

Either if its a contract realted problem like poor T&C or any of those dilemmas and troubles encounted during the process due to language difficulties and cultural barriers, I think they can be largely avoided if some hints or helps are being provided beforehand. So our pilots will have better ideas and be well prepared for what they are going to deal with. Eventually to score a good gig and to avoid the deep ****.

I have Chinese background and some industrial related experiences and knowledge, I am not an expert, but I am here trying my best to assist those people who flies or be willing to fly in China, who really need a help.

Either if you need someone to help you to interprete the real contract(as those two versions of contract are sometimes different in terms of its meaning), or you need some clues where the jobs are in China(as I realise lots of the jobs are not advertised through the agencies but via other sorts of recruiting websites but in Chinese version only), or maybe you just need some advices for how to survive in China, I am happy to answer any of your questions relate to working in China.

I might not be able to give the best answers or advices straight away, because I do not know everything after all, but I am willing to help you out by finding them together.

So feel free to PM me if you need any of helps.

Why am I doing this? and its free, because I am a samaritan.

Cheers

gingy

Rosiemoto
10th Apr 2011, 17:59
Good for you Gingy - be sure to post the Q's and A's here and make it sticky.

de facto
11th Apr 2011, 06:00
...how much is your bonus for finding pilots?...:suspect:

nserranop
29th Apr 2011, 01:47
Gingy, I'm a 767 pilot from Colombia. Please I need you help me , checking if it is true that pilots with passport from Colombia are not allw to work in China. I'm pretty sure, Colombia has diplomatic relations with China. I'd like to work for AIRCHINA cargo, but wasinc told me that. Thanks Nelson [email protected]

flyingdog00
6th May 2011, 05:43
Hi, nserranop, you have no chance to work in China although there is diplomatic relations between two countries, the CAAC forbid pilot from Columbia.

gingy
6th May 2011, 13:00
hey seranno,

Flyingdog was right, unfortunately CAAC has conditionally restricted pilots from Columbia to fly in China because of its poor safety record. I understand it was just individual case, doesn't necessary represent the whole, but they are the regulatory body, they are the ruler. Unless there will be a significant improvement on Columbia's safety rating, it is very hard.

But you can always give a try, you know everything is negotiable in China, as long as you can demonstrate and prove that you are not one of those poor guys, you still have a chance.

Bring out everything you can to justify that you are safety orientated, but just try to keep it low profile if you succeed.

Good luck!

gingy

Appalachian
6th May 2011, 18:21
Gingy, You took the time to answer my questions and I greatly appreciate it. We all need help in this business at times. Thanks

drewteh
6th May 2011, 18:27
Hi gingy,
i'm a chinese from m'sia.. just a fresh grad pilot with merely 200hrs. Any possibility to land a job in china ? thx for answer.

gingy
7th May 2011, 03:38
Hi dewtech,

With your situation, it really depends on your nationality status. I understand you are a Chinese from Malay, but do you still hold a Chinese passport or some forms of valid Chinese ID which will allow you to legally work in China?

If you do, chances are you will be most likely to be selected for one of those cadetships which are offered by numbers of airlines across the whole country, since you have all the essential attributes they need to fly an aeroplane and they are craving for self sponsored young pilots to save them huge amounts of money for initial training.

If you don't have any of those stated above? The chance is tiny. Because legally as a foreign national (doesn't matter your are native Chinese or not) to be able to fly in China, you need to have at least 500hrs PIC as for minimum to be considered, of course each operator has their own specific selection criteria which are always much higher than having just 500hrs PIC.

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers,

gingy

PGP737
7th May 2011, 05:48
I think if your country has recognized Tibet, even if they have diplomatic relations, they will not accept you there.
Few colleges from my country (EU) asked but it was impossible.

drewteh
7th May 2011, 08:06
hi gingy,
thx for your precious reply. I do have malaysia passport only but Malaysia & China have diplomatic relation in well sense. Hmm.. I guess the country relationship doesn't really help right?

I had search a number of Airlines in China region but most of them recruits through the agency, and of course what they replied is same as yours, couldn't meet the min requirement as like 500hrs. Even for cadetship, they only take china citizen , so far i know. please correct me if any mistake.

I'm willing to pay the type rating in condition of secure job . hmm..
Anyways, really thx for your opinion. appreciate it alot

MDT06
7th May 2011, 15:11
Hey Gingy,

What about if you fly in Colombia, but also hold a FAA license and an American passport?

Thanks,

MDT

gingy
8th May 2011, 09:52
Hi MDT,

You raised a very good point, the authority actually prohibits all Columbian registered ACFTs flying into Chinese region, that is why there is no direct scheduled RPT flight operating between those two countries. Presumably, they believe all pilots fly a Columbian registered ACFT are Columbian national.

However, does it also confine to an expats flying in Columbia (eg an American national with FAA license)? Honestly I am not sure. I think thats where the flaw is, because it has not clearly stated out that if there is any exemptions in this situation.

Again, as I said before, everything is negotiable when you deal with Chinese people. You even have more bargaining powers than a Columbian pilot with an excellent safety record because of your nationality. Sounds not too fair, but thats how it works in China.

So if you really want to fly in China, think of the Chinese way. As long as its not totally fail, even a conditional fail will somehow turn out to be a pass if you know how to negotiate. I mean its true, look at it, the Chinese lose against American on the negotiating table most of the time.

MDT06
9th May 2011, 01:21
gingy

I'm not an expat, but I hold dual citizenship and have both license. The type rating also appears in both license. I guess I will figure this out once start applying, but it leaves me wondering weather is possible or not....

MDT06

flyingdog00
12th May 2011, 07:06
Hi MDT, will depend on where is your birth place.

Mercenario
11th Sep 2011, 03:35
I have a friend that he was born in Colombia but he is a USA Citizen now and he is flying here in China with our company with no problem.:ok:

quagmiree
17th Sep 2011, 14:19
deleted as this is very old

Nazar
25th Dec 2011, 08:15
Is there any restrictions set by caac for foreign pilots (India) to work in china. Like minimum hrs required etc:ugh:

Vwarp
30th Dec 2011, 14:23
Hi, Do you have any information on China Southern Airlines hiring A330 DEC? Thanks

rollingscissors
31st Dec 2011, 00:50
Good luck with the impossible.

I do not think there is a way to fix China as long as the government is the way it is, and the people have adapted to it. Adapting means losing all integrity and accepting the lowest standards of moronity.

Find an airline elsewhere if you want a job. Come to Rwanda perhaps.