PDA

View Full Version : Luton life ...

Xpert
10th Apr 2011, 07:50
Hi guys,

Anybody got any serious recommendations of where is best to live in Luton?. Close to LTN for the time being!.

Cheers

Agaricus bisporus
13th Apr 2011, 22:20
You may have gathered that "best to live" and "Luton" in the same sentence is an oxymoron.

Toilet Town isn't even a good dump.

Capetonian
14th Apr 2011, 08:41
I'll refrain from joining the 'don't do it' brigade.

If you head SW from Luton, towards Whipsnade for example, there are some beautiful villages and rural areas. Studham, Aldbury, Little Gaddesden, for example. What I'd suggest is that you take a drive and track the shortest route towards, for example, Great Missenden. It will take you through some beautiful countryside.

Gulfstreamaviator
14th Apr 2011, 10:54
a very close to airport residental area, with i think many rental units, or even sub units.

lived there for 10 years, and worked at LTN.

Until the new terminal was built, could walk to work.

glf

Evanelpus
14th Apr 2011, 11:25
You can't go wrong with Harpenden however, your budget will need to be quite large.

Diver_Dave
14th Apr 2011, 17:54
My old neck of the woods....

Harpenden as stated but BIG budget!

St Albans, Bricket Wood, Wheathampsted, Kings and
Abbots Langley are all nice.

Berkhampstead's probably a 40 min drive.

There's always Stevenage! Or joking aside the villages
around it, Watton-at-Stone etc..

Avoid Hemel and Watford, although the Garston side
toward Bricket Wood is nice, both bang on J6 of the M1

Hope it helps.

Regards

DaveA

compton3bravo
16th Apr 2011, 19:02
Don't forget the villages north of Luton up the A6 - Barton, Sharpenhoe, Lilley, Silsoe etc. lovely villages and not too far from the airport but of course its the prices. Do not go as far as Bedford - my old town many years ago - changed for the worse I'm afraid. Good hunting C3B.

LTNman
24th Apr 2011, 10:41
Not much wrong with the Wigmore area of Luton. 5 minute drive to work with countryside just a 5 minute walk away.