PDA

View Full Version : Instructing or charter in India

mrclumsy
9th Apr 2011, 05:48
Hey guys, I do realize that airline jobs are hard to get in India atm. But how is it in terms of a charter or instructing jobs. I'm an Indian working in Aus looking at converting my Casa cpl to an Indian cpl. I have grade 1 instructor rating with close to 2300 hrs involving instructing and charter. Just wanted to know what the scene is like before I get into the whole conversion process.

azax
9th Apr 2011, 09:28
hi ...
you need to take an oral exam with the dgca to convert your instructor rating and then instructor jobs... you should try the school in Gondia - they should be able to help you out.
Charter business is all high end and there are few twin engines or turbo props around. You need to have a good thousand hours on type to get into the business - cl604s, da900s, etc.

euindkan
9th Apr 2011, 13:19
don't expect that you would be able to convert your CASA FI rating directly in India. you will have to fly 10 hrs patter, then an oral exam followed by a final check.
NFTI gondia might have some definite openings and the pay is descent compared to other flight schools in India.

aviatormohit
9th Apr 2011, 15:44
@ euindkan i second that

i have 1300+ TT. with all instructor ratings.
i planned to do get my indian AFI rating. its a waste of time and money....
and gondia CAE surely does have vacancies for flight instructors. the pay is in 6 figures too

PS its a lengthy process. cause the oral exams are conducted once in 2 or 3 months

good luck!

aviatormohit

mrclumsy
9th Apr 2011, 16:27
Thanks for the reply guys:ok: I could keep flying in Australia get more multi n turbine time eventually . Oral exam and all sounds like a pain in the neck. :ugh:

superliner
10th Apr 2011, 07:03
I saw an advert for a cargo operator for FO's. You guys might want to check it out: Times of India (http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=pastissues2&BaseHref=CAP/2011/04/06&PageLabel=53&ForceGif=true&EntityId=Ad05306&ViewMode=HTML&GZ=T).

mrclumsy
10th Apr 2011, 12:19
Thanks superliner

eager193fly
21st Jul 2011, 16:35
hii guys,
i had done cpl in india n was lookin forward to do multi in south africa in airborne aviation.i have got the noc for multi,,my plans were to fly few 50 hrs on single engine there itself on 172,152,.m already endorsed with 172.do i need an noc for hour building plan???please reply sooon

Johny Boy
21st Jul 2011, 21:18
NOC for Hour building ?

Never heard of it.