PDA

View Full Version : QF Sydney Y class CREW BID277 Discrepancy

timer88
9th Apr 2011, 02:50
Attention All QF Sydney y class LH Crew:

Please check your bid 277 regarding all NYC Pattern, there is a reduction of Y class crew compliments on every NYC trip, a total of 51 positions reduction. You know where that position goes? it goes to BFA position, it is the left1 assist position which is an economy class work position as it is always during this roster and all previous roster.

Please call FAAA or QF Allocation to ask full explanation for this unjustified sudden change? If someone allocates our bidding slots to BFA, then full explanations should be provided? Why? It is so unfair, it's been done before, now it happens again, please join me to stop this unethical practice towards economy class crew.

Xpert
9th Apr 2011, 09:41
are you not lucky to have a job?. How about stop complaining and get on with it??

thecatinthehat
9th Apr 2011, 10:53
Seriously Timer88.

I cant believe that Qantas is paying you $90k+ and slipping you in New York and allocating a Y/C position to a BFA to work in economy.

This is high treason.

Off with their heads.

I have MM on the batphone now.

Alan Joyce has offered a full apology and 10 weeks paid leave and free 1st class tickets to all Y/C crew for stress and suffering caused.

Allocations and DFAT have set up a 1800 hotline number for any family and friends concerned for the safety of any BFA crew that have to work in economy on a JFK pattern.

The company will pax home any crew affected or pax a loved one to offer support.

Cash is available at Travelex for any crew currently mid-duty who are unaware of this most heinous of bidding disgrace.

:ok:

GENKI
9th Apr 2011, 11:27
Contrary to popular belief the FAAA (union) does not dictate the resource planning to Qantas. The balances or imbalances in the various categories determine the numbers on each flight. With three onshore bases plus AKL in the mix the Computer allocates patterns to be the most productive.

The travel plans of crew are not part of the algorithm that the Computer uses to create the patterns.

If you want equity then roster allocation systems based on cost are probably not the way to go :)