PDA

View Full Version : Increasing Text Size in Outlook 2007

parabellum
8th Apr 2011, 22:20
Just wondering, is it possible? the View>Text>Larger option doesn't appear to be available, is it possible to increase the text size via, for example, Word 2007, or change the colour scheme from the pale blue to black and white ? Thanks in anticipation.

Bushfiva
9th Apr 2011, 00:30
If you mean as a means of reading incoming mail, then Zoom will make things bigger.

a&dcat
9th Apr 2011, 00:45
File/page setup/define print Styles/edit/font is the means of changing font to whatever you so desire.

Mornington Crescent
9th Apr 2011, 18:33
As the man said. Zoom in bottom right hand corner of your Word page.

For colour scheme.

Click ball in top left hand corner of word.
Then word options - down the bottom
Popular
Colour schemes. (there are only a few choices)

parabellum
9th Apr 2011, 23:04
Thanks all - new to Office 2007, still finding my way around!

Booglebox
10th Apr 2011, 11:22
I'd skip it and go straight to Office 2010 :}

parabellum
10th Apr 2011, 12:43
I'd skip it and go straight to Office 2010

A). I'm using XP Sp.3 and very happy to be there, Office 2010 doesn't work well with XP.

B). The bugs are just about out of 2007 now, 2010 still has a long way to go, I hear?

Mike-Bracknell
11th Apr 2011, 10:09
2010 is shed loads better than 2007.

Booglebox
12th Apr 2011, 22:04
I don't doubt that you're happy with XP SP3 but 7 is a leap ahead, technically and functionally. If you don't stay reasonably current you will be lost and your tech will be insecure and incompatible when support is dropped for XP in 2014. Not judging, just saying.

2010 to 2007 IMHO appears to be a bit like 7 is to Vista - a minor but significant upgrade, not a major rewrite, so not as many bugs. Place I'm at has had somewhat fewer problems than with 2007. Just remember to turn off "conversation" view on Outlook! :ok:

jimtherev
12th Apr 2011, 23:05
I don't doubt that you're happy with XP SP3 but 7 is a leap ahead, technically and functionally. If you don't stay reasonably current you will be lost and your tech will be insecure and incompatible when support is dropped for XP in 2014. Not judging, just saying.

2010 to 2007 IMHO appears to be a bit like 7 is to Vista - a minor but significant upgrade, not a major rewrite, so not as many bugs. Place I'm at has had somewhat fewer problems than with 2007. Just remember to turn off "conversation" view on Outlook! :ok:
2014? That's two machines in the future for some of us! I use my XP machine for messing about with stuff that'll maybe slow down my '7 machine, thus trying to keep the latter as fast as possible... and reformatting the former if necessary.
But the '7 machine with Office 2010 has been rock-steady for 15 months now - no bugs yet. Mind you, I'm still cursing the interface sometimes: perfectly ordinary stuff is hidden behind the bells and whistles I never use. And yes, I know I could have downloaded summat to make it 'look like' earlier Office manifestations - but that takes all the fun out of it, dunnit?

(and, yes, I have tried OpenThingie, but I'm stubborn and old-fashioned, and, besides, Office10 was a present :) )